where's Steinberg's phone number?

D

dintymoore

Where the fuck is Steinberg's phone number for Cubase support?

I've been on their stupid site for 20 min and have read "An important part of any support offer is the contact via email and telephone." and down below it says "Steinberg North America provides free email support." but nowhere on the contact page do I see any phone numbers or email address.

This is typical of this stupid fuckin' company.

On their "support request form" half of the places where you fill in your address etc don't even work. I ended up sending an email support request form simply saying "phone me".

Does anybody have their USA phone number?

Phone Support is available Monday through Thursday, 9-5 and Fridays 9-4 Eastern time for registered users of all supported Steinberg products at (714) 228-3301.

So you just got to make sure your stuff is registered.

Well, things have changed. Steinberg is pulling the same bullshit they pulled around '91 when Bill Black was there.

They are no longer answering the phone.
Phone them and find out for yourself:

Cubase 1-714-228-3301

I would actually rather their phone message said "go fuck yourself" as I would find that more honest.

I've been working on upgrading Cubase 4 for about 6 hours and it would have taken maybe 15 min if I had been able to talk to a person instead of emailing, waiting for an answer that doesn't help, then emailing, then...

It does suck. :mad:

But in the end, I did get several emails from them and the problem was I needed to do a free upgrade, which I should have known about, but I didn't so there you go.

They will, by email, schedule phone calls - they will phone you.

So there you have it, not great service but problem resolved. Reminds me of working on cars. Pain in the ass but good when it's fixed. :)

And remember, if you go on Steinberg's websitre right now it will tell you:

"An important part of any support offer is the contact via email and telephone."

I should make up a T-shirt and send it to them.

Phone support

Phone support
is available Monday through Thursday, 9-5 and Fridays 9-4 Eastern time for registered users of all supported Steinberg products at (714) 228-3301. If you are not registered, you will need to register with either your registration card included with the product or a sales receipt, or online at MySteinberg.

Phone support
is available Monday through Thursday, 9-5 and Fridays 9-4 Eastern time for registered users of all supported Steinberg products at (714) 228-3301. If you are not registered, you will need to register with either your registration card included with the product or a sales receipt, or online at MySteinberg.

That phone number has not worked for about six months.

Steinberg will not answer the phone. I got pissed off at them and got a direct phone number. I'd give it out but truthfully no one I talked to there sounded very knowledgeable about Cubase.

The people there were still shitting their diapers when I was learning Cubase 3.1. I emailed and phoned a tech for weeks before he finally said what I was asking was impossible. In the end, it was possible.

I had a second question that went back and forth for weeks and finally again they told me what I was asking could not be done, then a few weeks later I figured out the answer on my own.

The program is to me, the best. The customer service is near non-existent. The problem is that whoever is the head of Steinberg is not doing their job.

I have never and will never use steinberg's support or forum for issues with Cubase. I'm not saying that there isn't something useful there, but it's not an effective investment of my time to deal with these people over spending some time googling. Their hatred of hotmail just makes life difficult too.

In fact, that goes for most things like this. Finding the answer myself, no matter how long it takes, seems to be far less stressful an activity than trying to deal with tech support.

I have never and will never use steinberg's support or forum for issues with Cubase. I'm not saying that there isn't something useful there, but it's not an effective investment of my time to deal with these people over spending some time googling. Their hatred of hotmail just makes life difficult too.

In fact, that goes for most things like this. Finding the answer myself, no matter how long it takes, seems to be far less stressful an activity than trying to deal with tech support.

For the most part I'm like that - you remember it when you dig up the info.

But that doesn't excuse Steinberg for having poor tech support, and for sure not all companies are like that. I just dealt with Kohler's tech support for my faucets - a completely different experience. They knew way more than me and were super helpful. Same with Presonus. There's no reason Steinberg couldn't be like them. I do know that whenever a company is fucked that it almost always comes from the top... whoever is in charge ain't in charge. All companies from GM to your local Dairy Queen are like that.

Back