What am I doing wrong?

Clive Hugh

I am attempting to burn a CD using Nero, problem is when I attempt to drag a title, say "song.wav" it comes up with "Nero cannot read this file" yet when I drag "song.WAV" it reads it ok.
I have no idea how it makes some .wav and others.WAV
What am I missing, what am I doing wrong?
All help appreciated.
Clive

Hi Clive,
What program do your .wav and .WAV files come out of before you go to burn them??
I can't really differentiate between the two, but try discribing the process of getting the .wav files before burning,,,might be able to help ya...
:)

Roker,
I haven't a clue mate. I just click on "export audio file" and it comes up with the window, I click on "wave(.wav)" and it does the rest.
I was re-reading the manual and possibly I should be going into Master Unit first.
I have just heard of a guy in Perth who teaches the bloody program so I'll call him today, only trouble is I'm way up in Port Hedland which is 1800 km away, a long way to go for a lesson.
Clive

Just a thought....

If your tracking in other than 44.1mhz/16 bit, make sure that it is set to 44.1/16 bit when you export. If you try to burn a higher resolution or bitrate onto a CD it won't work.

Hope it's something simple like that. I don't use Nero so I can't help on the program side.

Roker & Bassmaster,
It seems to be a software glitch, if I turn off everything else then open Nero and it seems to go OK, one of the electrical engineers at work thinks it is because I have recently added an 8o gig hard drive in addition to the original 9 gig that came with the pc, he thinks this may cause the pc to get confused as to what "electrical address" to look at so it gets a case of computer hysteria. Anyway, whatever, it seems to work if I do what he said so I'm happy.

Clive

Back