Waveform editing in Cubase SX

letsgobertrand

Greetings. I have a question in regards to wave-form editing in Cubase SX. I'm somewhat new to using the program, so I'm still figuring things out. But I was working with a vocal track I recorded today, and even after looking in the help documentation, I couldn't figure out how to get a couple of "p" sounds out of the vocal track I recorded. All I'd like to do is trim a couple of areas in the track waveform, basically...the rest of it is fine. In other programs, I've used splines or other tools to do what I'm describing here, but I'm a bit stumped this time around. I couldn't find a tool to do any waveform trimming, both in the sample editor and in the project window itself.

It very well may be something I missed in the manual, but whatever the case...any help is appreciated. Try to keep it simple, too, if you can...like I said, still learning here. :)

Thanks a lot, guys! Hope to hear from you soon.

Jake

The obvious answer is to use a pop screen, check the distance between vocalist and mic etc.

Do you mean reduce the volume of those parts? If so you'll still have the pu sounds, they'll just be quieter.

Sounds like you need to retrack it.

I didn't know you could manually edit the waveforms in Cubase but then again I'm a beginner with the software too. And I'm only using SE.

Kevin DeSchwazi said:
I didn't know you could manually edit the waveforms in Cubase but then again I'm a beginner with the software too. And I'm only using SE.

If you double click on a track it will open the waveform editor then you can edit there.

Yeah, I'll just have to retrack it. Like you said, pop screens and mic distance is obvious...although good things to remember. Thanks for the thoughts, in any case.

Carter, thanks also for your input. I'm aware that if you double-click on a track you'll reach the track editor...what my problem has been is that once I get there that I can't seem to find tools to do what I need to.

Anyway, I'm learning a ton and I'll get there...Cubase SX is a great program, and I've enjoyed using it. Thanks again, guys, I appreciate your input. Have a great one.

Jake

Carter said:
If you double click on a track it will open the waveform editor then you can edit there.

Yeah I was aware of that, but I thought you could only process all or a selected part of the waveform rather than physically editing the shape of it.

I know that probably makes me look even more stupid but like I say I'm a beginner with the software. :D

Haha...don't worry about it bro. Last I checked, this site is for those of us who don't know everything there is to know about this stuff (thank God, I definitely wouldn't be here otherwise). :cool: Hope you're enjoying SE, by the way...

Thanks again for your thoughts earlier.

Jake

Back