VST to SX files @

ecktronic

Mixing and Mastering.
Could some good person tell me if it is possible to use .all files (VST) with SX? and if yes how?

I loaded a .all file (VST) into SX fine and got all the channel info and so on, but i dont think the waves were in the channels. I couldnt get any sound.
If someone could explain to me about this it would be great.

Thanks.

Are you sure you have SX set up right to work with your soundcard? What if you just record something driectly in SX, can you hear it?

VST files should import with little to no problems. When I transferred my VST files to cubase the only thing that didn't transfer right were that all my stereo files were panned hard left, no big deal, and that was with v1.0...they probably have fixed that in later updates.

Some plugins are designed to be used on stereo channels and some are designed to be used on a mono channel and won't work if used in the wrong manner. Also some plugins will only work in certain frequency rates and bit depths.

The correct file extention would be ".dll" (dynamic link library) :cool:

.dll is for drivers. .all is the Cubase VST default file for all data included in a recording, from plug ins to channel names etc..

Cheers for the idea about trying to record something and then trying to play it back. I didnt even think of that! I dont have a proper input though, just the mic input on the back of the sound card (earphone size input)!!

Back