VST Connections

Atkron205

When you set up an input buss, do you have to choose it for each new project? would it be best to set up one with 8 inputs to use everytime? Thanks

I save templates that work for each type of artist I am working with. For example I have a template for rock bands that has all of the tracks, inputs, group channels and basic effects already setup.

I create a template from a project I have already worked on and is already setup. 'Save as Template'. Then I will open that new template, delete all the audio files and the pool and re-save as template again so there is no existing audio in it next time I open.

Attachments

• Template.jpg
    Template.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 24
I figured it out. from what little I know this program rocks, I also figured out the FX tracks and sends. the amp sims are pretty good. now for the metronome, can you not use it like a click track? is there a way to set it to say 120 BPM or does it always go by the project tempo? Thanks for your help.:thumbs up:

Not sure I understand your question. The click track is always the same as the project tempo. But that is variable...

You can change the tempo in the transport panel for a quick easy, but you can also create a tempo track. You can manipulate or create tempo changes throughout a track or project.

Then it gets more involved whether you are in musical or time based mode as to how that tempo related to the audio or midi/time based tracks... Much to learn and I still do...

Great to hear you are getting along well man. :)

Not sure I understand your question. The click track is always the same as the project tempo. But that is variable...

You can change the tempo in the transport panel for a quick easy, but you can also create a tempo track. You can manipulate or create tempo changes throughout a track or project.

Then it gets more involved whether you are in musical or time based mode as to how that tempo related to the audio or midi/time based tracks... Much to learn and I still do...

Great to hear you are getting along well man. :)

got it, you can set the BPM in the tempo section, the metronome will follow this setting. Thanks!:D

I save templates that work for each type of artist I am working with. For example I have a template for rock bands that has all of the tracks, inputs, group channels and basic effects already setup.

I create a template from a project I have already worked on and is already setup. 'Save as Template'. Then I will open that new template, delete all the audio files and the pool and re-save as template again so there is no existing audio in it next time I open.

I know it's off topic, but I see you're not using full screen mode for the mixer? Any reason for that (just because I'm curious)? :)

Actually the mixer is in full screen on monitor 3. I just have channel screen on the top portion of it. :)

Ah - fair enough! Mine doesn't display the windows bar (with the maximise/minimise/close buttons) when it's like that!

I think that has something to do with the multiple monitor setup I am using. That is just how it looks when I drag it to another monitor. And not sure if you are using Cubase 8. Things changed with this version.

Back