Using Reverse

Blast

Trying to create a backwards effect with a sample but having trouble. I highlight then audio>process>reverse but nothing happens. Even with a midi track going to midi>functions>reverse doesn't work so is this a settings issue perhaps? Any help appreciated.

When you try to reverse the audio, what are you highlighting and what window are you in?

You will need to double click the audio, to bring up the editor window. Then select the audio you want reversed, then reverse it.

Keep in mind that it will play the part backwards, meaning the first note played will now be the last note played. It will not reverse the sound of the notes while playing them in the same order.

It's a destructive process. It's done with cubase, there is no plugin that can do it.

I'm not in the studio now, so I can't get to it to tell you exactly where to go. Probably the audio>process>reverse that you were doing, you just weren't in the right window for it to work.

You never answered my questions. I'll add one more: which version of Cubase are you using. Every new version moves things around...

I meant is there a way to completely reverse the sound of a sample within cubase, as that is what I am trying to do, not just play a bunch of different notes in reverse. The sample I have is one long sound not broken up into notes which is I'm guessing why when I reversed it it didn't appear to do anything. To answer your first question I did dbl click into the editor window and highlighted the entire sample. Tried in both the left hand side (as in the picture) and the drop down menu up top. I'm wondering should it have opened up another options box like most other process options do when you apply them? Because it did not. That's why I wondered if maybe there's a settings/preferences solution to it. Thanks for your help.

I'm on cubase 7 to answer your other question.

Attachments

• hitinvert.jpg
    hitinvert.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
You seem to be doing it right. In reverse, that should fade up and stop abruptly. Is that sample just audio? Like a wav or mp3? IF it is, I have no idea why it isn't working for you.

Midi won't do anything.

It has to be something really stupid that is making it now work.

Back