Upgrading Cubase VST 4.1 files

IanR

I have several hundred music scores as Cubase VST 4.1 midi files on my old off-line Mac OS B1-8.6 which I must rescue. I would like to be able to access them on my MacBook Pro. Any ideas how I might go about this? What version of Cubase should I install to make this possible?

If they are midi files, then any cubase version will be fine - on the other had are you talking about the old .all files or the newer .cpr files? I used an old copy of SX3 to convert my old files to .cpr. Cubase 8 seems to open all my .cpr files, but won't open .all and Cubase 5 couldn't open them either. I no longer have SX3 that I can find, so I cannot open any old projects. However, as I no longer have many of the hardware synths from then either, I guess it doesn't matter to much.

Thanks very much, Rob. I can now export the midi element but it's the music scores that I would like to take forward.
I'll see if I can convert the VST 4.1 files with SX3, if I can find a copy.
I tried to export the pages as EPSF files but can't yet get anything to read them. I just get reams of coding. If I could convert them to pdfs that would help.

Back