Upgraded from LE to Elements 7, not sure if installed completely...?

ELECTRIC-MAYHEM

Hello,

I recently purchased and downloaded an upgrade from Cubase LE7 to Elements 7, through the Steinberg Hub.

I entered the passcodes when prompted and followed the instructions for installation. It says the installation is complete, but I'm not finding some of the features I was expecting to find.
Primarily, there are some VST guitar amplifier modelers which I was looking forward to exploring but I'm not seeing them, it is possible I'm not looking in the right place.
The MixConsole DID show up and appears to be functional.

I am running Windows7 on a Dell Inspiron 570

Also, the icon on my desktop shortcut still says "cubase LE7", it didn't change to "elements" -not sure if this is an indicator of anything or not.

I should also mention that I ordered a dongle and am waiting for it to arrive, never had one before as I got the LE version of Cubase bundled with a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.
I still don't really know if I even NEED the thing, but got it just in case. Would the absence of the dongle have anything to do with Elements not loading fully, or VST effects?

My Akai MPK49 should be arriving within the next couple of days, no telling when the dongle will arrive as I don't know where Steinberg ships from.
Hoping that the process of getting everything wired in and programmed with be fairly painless. I installed the needed software (I think?) from Akai's website ahead of time so hopefully magical things will begin happening when I plug in the controller.

I'm a Cubase 8 user, but installed what I thought was LE6 on my mac from a disc supplied with a zoom I bought - the icon says elements, the icon in the bar at the bottom when it runs says Cubase LE AI Elements 6. However, it asks me if I wish to upgrade to cubase elements 6 in the help menu! However, in the elicenser - it clearly says LE6 in the licenses. So despite the words, I have LE6, NOT the upgraded version. I bet if you look in your licenser you will see the basic software, not the upgraded one.

If you have the upgrade installed correctly, the Amp simulators should be listed under 'Distortion' in the drop down menu when adding an insert to an audio track.

Make sure you do not already have them installed first.

Possibly you may need to update to the most recent version of elicenser HERE. And then run the Maintenance or Repair. Or both.

I personally still have an old MP3 encoder and soft-eLicenser from way back in my LE5 days. Even though I have used full versions of Cubase since 5. Kind of annoying actually, but it all works.

Just some ideas.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen.

It looks as though the amp simulators are the same as those that were present in the original, LE version.
I downloaded the latest version of the elicenser software but upon startup it told me that I should "plug any available USB elicenser into a USB port on your computer"
So, instead of wasting time or having to re-do it later I will wait until the dongle arrives and try it then.

It also occured to me today while looking through my license and startup files that, although the files are there, I don't seem to have the Novation Bass Station plugged in either.
(it was supposed to be part of the Scarlett2i2/Cubase bundle). I don't even know what the hell it is, really, or if it is a tool that I will use. I kinda shrugged it off before because I didn't have a MIDI controller to utilize it anyway. But now I do, and I'm supposed to own a copy, so.....

I may end up just uninstalling and re-installing everything after the dongle arrives, which brings up another question -should I use the 32 or 64 bit version?
I will do my homework on that as I am sure the pros and cons are covered extensively somewhere, but feel free to shed some light on the subject if you're willing to.

I run Cubase 7.5 in 32 bit mode 99% of the time. Most plugin processors and instruments come in both 32 and 64 bit formats these days but there are a few older plugs that aren't compatible with 64 bit right off the bat and I haven't tried J-bridge. Not sure if there is a solid reason to use one over the other though.

Just my 2cents worth - seems like the scenario I had recently.
I bought the UR22 audio interface and got the Elements 7 LE bundled. Since my son uses Elements 7 at school then I ordered the upgrade. Was given a new software key and prompted to a download site. When I downloaded what I thought was a new version (the full Elements 7) and installed - it said no changes were being made... EEEK !! so I messed around a few times trying to reinstall etc. but the same thing each time. I then downloaded the latest license maintenance manager thing and added the license to my account. So now in my on line license it says I have the full Elements 7 - it all seems to be alright - but like you the ICON still says LE version. In the HELP pull down it also says I have full Elements 7. It was all worrying for a while but it all seems to be okay. I installed the 64bit version and it's been pretty stable so far. Have to say - well impressed with the UR22 and Elements and ease of use etc. Never needed a USB dongle. Guess that allows you install on 2 PC's ??? not sure.
So far as the Bass Station VST - I don't have those but I guess that was part of your bundle - With the UR22 I also got some VST and had to download that separate I think - the codes were on a bit of paper in the UR22 packaging etc. Same with my MAudio keyboard - some VST's bundled and a copy of Albeton which I didn't bother downloading.
Hope you get sorted.
Cheers, Graeme

Back