trying to buy Elelments 9

ecc83

I had an email from Steinberg about a week ago about E9. I saw I could upgrade from my E6 version for about £25.00 Ok. Will do.

Ha! I had forgotten my password so they sent a very abstruse one (upper and lower cases that of course you cannot see as you type) gave up trying to register after an hour.
Next day tried again..Success! Next, change the "temp" P word to something permanent and friendly. No Can Do! Again and hour later I am no further forward.

Last night tried again. Yippee, did it. Now onto getting E9. Got to the pay point..CLANG!! You need ANOTHER fekking registration to do that! Tried to, but since I was losing the will to live, not very hard. Gave up.

Later I thought I would ask on the Steinberg forum. You guessed it! My password (that DID work) does not work on the forum!

I have lodged a query at "info@steinberg.net" but if they don't get their finger out soon I shall put the money to a new Samplitude.

BTW. If Steinberg EVER get it together can I use my existing E6 dongle with E9?

Dave.

The dongles have not changed (been in use since at least version 3 probably earlier) and I've been trying to get email support since the day 9 dropped. They are VERY overloaded right now as responses seem to take a week.

If I had a number to call I would call it because this blows.

The dongles have not changed (been in use since at least version 3 probably earlier) and I've been trying to get email support since the day 9 dropped. They are VERY overloaded right now as responses seem to take a week.

If I had a number to call I would call it because this blows.

Ok thanks. Right, well if the customer service dept cannot keep up/work with customer service, sod 'em.

I shall spend another 20 quid and get Samplitude.

Dave.

Not able to edit today.
Meant to say if MARKETING don't talk to customer service.....?

"We are experiencing an unusually large amount of calls at the moment. Please be patient"...What? Everyone? ALL the fekkin' time?!!!

Dave.

Well it Christmas and a new version just dropped. I'm sure pre sale, support and licence issue support is overloaded to death right now.

I just bought the update from Elements 8 to Elements 9. I won't be able to install it until I get home after Christmas, but I was at least able to buy it and download it. Yeah, the part about needing three different logins for one site is a hassle.

Well it Christmas and a new version just dropped. I'm sure pre sale, support and licence issue support is overloaded to death right now.

No, sorry GDT, it won't wash. Did they not KNOW it was Christmas? If not they are t**ts. Of course they did and so should either have taken on staff to cope (remember, "flexible hours"? Zero hours contracts?) or NOT released the upgrade when they were slammed.

You may not have understood the gist of my last post? Almost 75% of any call centre/sales site you try to contact ANY time of year (gvmnt depts. are the worse) is "experiencing an unusually high volume of calls. Please be patient" No! Stuff you! Get more staff/bigger servers.

I was in domestic electronics servicing for forty years. The Christmas rush came as no surprise to us. Shop and service staff alike PREPARED for the onslaught.

I am off now to download the trial of Samplitude Music Studio on my "big" PC for my son who is coming home today. One login password! If he is keen I shall buy it for him.

Dave.

Got it. Yeah I wish they would hop on demand myself. I don't know if the long wait is due to Germany or what but my experience with customer service has been slow as fuck this year.

Got it. Yeah I wish they would hop on demand myself. I don't know if the long wait is due to Germany or what but my experience with customer service has been slow as fuck this year.

Too late. I have downloaded the demo of Samplitude Music Studio and I and son like it a lot. It will cost me nearly three times the update to C 9 but once the Crimble bills are paid I shall probably get it.

If Steinberg ever get back to me I shall tell them in no uncertain terms what I think of them and add that IF in the future they get their systems streamlined for the CUSTOMER's benefit and NOT their own I shall drop the 24quid on Cubase E9......I doubt that will ever happen.

Dave.

Cubase new version is introduced every year just before Christmas. The trial version a month or so later. Same thing every year...

Long time users of Cubase versions the year(or years)/version before usually jump on the new software because we are curious. And savvy enough to not open old projects with the new version until it has been thoroughly bitched at and fixed. Most do not hear from the users that do not have issues. I would be one of the latter. No issues, yet I am not about to open or continue a current project in a new version of Cubase. That would be just stupid.

Steinberg for whatever reason has had constant complaints as far as support. I personally have always had them reply in 2 to 3 business days. The server was a bit slow when I downloaded C9, but it wasn't a game changer. I would not base my decision to buy on server speed of the distributor on the busiest week of the year.

I also would never decide upon my software choice because of inability to contact support on a holiday weekend. Purchase software because you know what you are purchasing. And anyone should surely wait for a demo version if you wish to try it.

I personally find it odd when people complain before having a reason to complain. Yes, it would be nice to have immediate support and a shiny new DAW. But why do you need it so badly when your shit is already working?

Ok, I am done ranting....

Happy Holiday! :)

Hi Jim, did not know about Stenberg's seasonal habit. I got the promo email, knew my son was coming home and liked Cubase (a bit, prefers Samplitude) and the upgrade was cheap so I thought I would go for it.

If they do this every Christmas then they should be doubly ashamed of the bloody awful support!

I agree, great support should not be a deal breaker. NI are snotty sods, does not detract from the excellence of the KA6!

But I am sorry, I "grew up" at a time and in an industry when the customer was king and Service with a capital S was expected and given. I had to work until the death Xmas eve and was back at it day after boxing day. My wife worked for the NHS and if you drew Xmas day that year, sobeit. THAT is the job!

Dave.

Just had an email from Steinberg.

Nope! My problem has not reached the top of the pile yet. "We are working through a large number of requests". Well! 'Appen if you set up deals over a holiday when a lot of people have some spare cash (or think they do!) and bugger all else to do for two weeks!

Dave.

Here is my experience so far:

Stienberg received my ticket confirm email: 12/7/16
Stienberg replies that they sent my issue to Germany: 12/8/16
Steinberg finally sends me an upgrade code that doesn't work: 12/20/16
I email them back and say no go on code: 12/20/16

And here I am... still waiting for a code that actually works to upgrade from 8.5 to 9 on 12/27/16

I'm not working on any projects right now so it's a good time to upgrade.

here is my experience so far:

Stienberg received my ticket confirm email: 12/7/16
stienberg replies that they sent my issue to germany: 12/8/16
steinberg finally sends me an upgrade code that doesn't work: 12/20/16
i email them back and say no go on code: 12/20/16

and here i am... Still waiting for a code that actually works to upgrade from 8.5 to 9 on 12/27/16

i'm not working on any projects right now so it's a good time to upgrade.

wtf???

:(

Yep and still nothing. I check my spam and trash daily, even though I have support in my contacts. I also try the code daily as well just to make sure it really is a boch.

Kind of fucking annoyed at this point to be honest.

I'm also pissed that my main dongle WILL NOT FUCKING COMPLETE THE MAINTENANCE PROCESS!!!!

It never has, not once and it pisses me off. If I had to guess that's probably my issue as to why I can't just fucking upgrade without contacting Steinberg every fucking time.

Last edited:
Yes. I have received yet another email from Steinberg telling me they are still too busy to help me.

Dave.

Ah nevermind, I'm waiting till Wednesday to email them if I don't hear from them due to this fucking horse shit:

Please note we will be closed around the Holidays from December
23rd to 26th and December 30th to January 2nd. We expect to have a longer response time
than normal as a result, but we will be answering as quickly as possible. We appreciate
your patience and hope you have a Happy Holiday.

Still, I shouldn't be having this problem and I'm 100% certain it's due to the syncrosoft key NEVER FUCKING COMPLETING STEP 5 FUCKING EVER.

The "moment" has passed. Son is going back to France today and therefore my reason to upgrade the software goes with him.

Steinberg can go forth and multiply themselves.

Dave.

Back