trying to buy Elelments 9

Apparently I have to purchase a new dongle because my dongle is SL3 old and failing.

I wish they fucking read the God damn back and forth sooner because we could have arrived at this point a lot quicker if they had.

Anyhow, have the new one coming Friday, I'll let you know if it works or not.

Great to hear they finally have a response man! I bet it does. :)

I have an issue with one of my UR824's now. The ADAT slave one. After C9 upgrade the slave unit doesn't work. Nothing changed on my end. I just didn't use the slave for a few months.

Created a support ticket and had response in less than an hour that the ticket was received. Then a PM from moderator and respond post on Steiny forum 9 hours later.

Kind of impressed though not sure what the outcome will be...

Well new dongle arrived and I transferred my licenses no problem.

Did the whole schpeel inside license control and maintenance worked.

So I email them back (they said to) to let them know I had a new dongle, what the serial of said dongle is and that I had successfully gone through the maintenance procedure no problem but that it had not upgraded me to 9.

Thier reply?

Email this email (something like info@stienberg.de or something) and inquire about the status of your 9 license.

FUCK. ME.

I can't help but laugh at this point.

Well gents, today is finally the day that there is a cubase pro 9 license on my dongle. :laughings:

IDK, I have a group coming in tonight. If you think I'm using cubase 9 tonight for that, well you are wrong. haha

Thank goodness steinberg licenses are backward compatible.

Oh hell no! I tested with 3 single song projects to get preferences set, learn new features and test stability.

Last weekend I started first full band project in 9. Smooth sailing.

3 older projects that will be finished with 8.

Installing new software is the thing that stresses me to the utmost. Which, frankly, is why my music computers are still on XP.

It's also why I don't like dongles, subscriptions and ilok stuff. I'm pleased Reaper does none of that!

Back