trying to buy Elelments 9

I just don't get it! I bought mine, had a 3 hour or so delay, but had everything authorized quite quickly. And that was day one of the release...

I don't get why they are taking so long...

NYS DMV has also apparently decided "fuck you Loren" and opted to not send my new registration.

mmmm love me some DMV lines on a Friday. :spank:

Oh and also: no word from ol' steiny yet as well.

I have had yet another email from Steinberg a no doubt very nice chap called David.

Same old, same old, Xmas, lot of interest, very sorry, da-di-da. I have responded in the same fashion as I have here. If you SELL over the holiday be prepared to staff the site accordingly.

Son is safely back in La Belle and I have lost interest. Bye bye Steinberg.

Dave.

I upgraded to Elements 9 a few weeks ago and installed it, but I've been so busy traveling back and forth between SC and GA that I haven't even tried to start it up yet! Hopefully when I do I won't run into some issue with the registration and the e-Licenser. :eek:

You will most likely be fine. Like I said I have never been able to get one of my dongles to complete step 5 of the maintenance process in the elicencer application.

Oh also: nothing yet.

Just bumping this to say I'm still on 8.5

I have not opened a new support ticket though, plan on doing that today.

Bad form though Steinberg. Bad form.

Well here is the update. I actually forgot to open up a new support ticket until Wednesday. They replied Thursday but due to work and stuff I didn't reply till this evening.

Esentually I sent them a fallow up email giving them more info to start this time and was met with:

"The license upgrade serial we gave you is wrong. But for some reason we didn't read the whole support ticket so we think it's a license you bought not the one we gave you so please send transaction details."

Ugh, so I send another email this evening explaining that NO you just sent me the wrong serial brah. Hopefully I'll be on 9 eventually. lol

What is sad about this all is that you have been a user for how long now?

I was able to upgrade after the server overload almost immediately.

I bought, downloaded, and installed the upgrade (Elements 8 to Elements 9) a few months ago when I found out it was available.

But then I never even tried to activate it! That was mainly because Cubase isn't my main DAW, and I've been tied up with other things-- but reading about the problems that other people were having didn't exactly make me anxious to mess with it, either.

When I finally got around to activating the license a few days ago, I was greatly relieved that it went smoothly. *Whew!*

What is sad about this all is that you have been a user for how long now?

I was able to upgrade after the server overload almost immediately.

haha since LE version 1 (started on) and at the time SX3 was out. So I want to say like 2005 or maybe even a little earlier?

There is something just wrong there. I can't believe you haven't gone insane yet...

I would have...

Strangely, I have had no delay with support the few times I have needed it. What is this like 4 months now?

I would have called/emailed/abused the Steiny forum by now. Of course you know as well as I that that doesn't work...

I don't get why you can't just request the code from your Steinberg account. It doesn't involve a support ticket...

2 different support tickets with some IDGAF time between haha.

I'm guessing I'll get something from them on Monday, hopefully a fix.

Back