track just fades away

whymark

Hi all, I'm working on a simple 6 track project. I've replayed it many times over while tweaking sounds and FX. They SUDDENLY one track just faded away after 30 seconds. The ST OUT fader moves from -19 to -5 as the sound drops(????!!!!). I have looked everywhere for an explanation but, find nothing. . I've removed all automation and that just made the entire track play at a low volume whereas,before, the first 30 seconds were loud and clear. I've also copied an identical track and pasted it in.....no dice. What am I missing ere? running elements7 on WIN 10 and have never run across anything like this. many thanks

mark

I have no clue man.

You could send me the whole project folder and I can find out what is going on.

PM me for email address.

In the part itself, Do you have the fade out Line at the end?

In the pic, it's the slanted line at the end of the part.

Fade Out.PNG

Chili and Jimmy....no fade out line on the part.....thanks though for showing me what it is because it's shown up before on other projects......switching subjects here-how do I create and delete the line?

On every event there are boxes that appear when you hover over with mouse pointer. The top left and right corners are fades. The bottom corners drag the event in different ways depening on what is selected. The middle one it gain.

It's FIXED??!!! I've just played all cpf and bak files that I created yesterday and the fadeout problem has gone away. It sounded like a very poor connection in an analog system or which can be created with the Grungelizer plugin (distant volume and crackly). I just love it when things fix themselves!! Jimmy, where are those boxes? I've hovered all over and can't find them.

thanks
mark

Each event has them. Where you see the waveform after recording in the main project window.

VIDEO

Last edited:
Back