Sound problem after converting to MP3*URGENT*

soullavee

Hi All,
Does anyone here know the best way to convert a cubase audio mix-down[wav]to MP3 without volume fluctuations? for some reason after exporting the audio mix-down from Cubase and converting to MP3 the mp3 file plays with volume fluctuations ie plays loud than drops than up again in some sections and so forth, it sounds like compression kicking in and out, so i tried exporting the file from cubase without compression[i switched the compression off on all the tracks] and it's not doing it. however, i can't not use compression on the tracks as some need it, so does this mean i can't convert wav to MP3 while compression is used in cubase? is there a way around it? what's the best way to convert a Cubase wav mixdown to mp3?? please help , this is very urgent!!
Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
What are you using to convert to MP3?? If it's not Cubase, then your problem is not with Cubase.

btw: Please pick the best forum to ask your question and post it there. Don't post multiple times across the board. I deleted your other thread and reopened this one.

Thanks,

Thanks for the reply Chili , i have tried several MP3 converters[free ones] and they all produce the same thing. i'm new to Cubase 5, is there an option within Cubase to convert to mp3? if not, can you recomend a converter?
Thanks again,
PS: the multiple threads were a mistake, i first posted into "Cubase issues" thread but then thought the second one was more apropriate and was looking for an option to delete my other thread..but it doesn't look like i can delete my own threads..sorry :-) delete my own threads?

Try exporting as a 44/16 wav first and then converting it to an mp3.

I'm pretty sure he's saying that he's doing that, and that the 3rd party wav-to-mp3 converters are butchering the audio in the process.

@ soullavee - I'd recommend just letting Cubase do the conversion - it does an excellent job (well, my version is kinda old: SX3 - but surely it hasn't gotten worse, right?) In SX3 you just change the filetype - in the drop-down box right below where you type the filename - from wav to MP3. Hopefully it's still as simple as that :D

Yes.

File-->export--> Audio Mixdown

In the "File Format" bar select Mp3, and there you go.

I'm using Cubase 4, and when I go to this screen:
C-1.jpg

I don't see any kbps choices.

How do you choose the bitrate to export the mp3 at, or is set to 320?

mmmmmmmmmm... make an export and check the quality, but i don't know why it doesn't show you the bit rate. Maybe it will appear when you choose the file, or maybe when you click on Export... See what happens...

Back