Skipping Cursor and slow screen - Cubase 7 Elements & EZ Drummer

robbysaudio

Hi Folks,

I've been using Cubase 7 Elements for a while and it's been great. Recently, a friend showed me how to activate the outputs on EZ Drummer, to process the kit elements individually, HOWEVER, although the audio plays fine, it has made the cursor skip across the arrange page and makes the response time of the tool box items very late and 'clunky'. An earlier version of the mix - prior to splitting the outputs runs fine and smoothly. Can anyone pinpoint the issue here?
Thanks

Sounds like an issue with your computer. Is it up to the task? Do you have other processes running that consume your computer's resources?

You might try higher buffer settings. It just sounds like you are attempting to do more than your computer can handle. Bumping the buffer settings up will take some of the load off.

Thanks for your inputs. I have been attempting to maximise the laptop's resources, there's no apparent background use that we can find that should create problems. It's a 2.53 GHz Dell Latitude with 4 GB of Ram, I've truned off all other unwanted services and background programs, but still get this issue - I'll plough on with the investigation - Rob

Did you increase the buffer? That should fix it, no matter how under powered you are.

Back