Simple Cubase SE Questions

seryozha

So, I have Cubase Se and an Aardvark Q10 on a WindowsXP DAW.
I have been searching the internet trying to find out if Cubase SE would work with two(2) audio interfaces. I found mixed answers; yes, no, maybe, only...etc. but nothing concrete. I would like to expand my input's and get another Q10 or possibly a diff. interface but am not sure if i need to also upgrade my software.

My questions are:

1)Does Cubase SE allow you to use two interfaces of the same type at the same time?

2) Does Cubase SE allow you to use two interfaces of different types at the same time?(I.E. Current Q10 + New Delta1010)

3)Now, if Cubase SE does not do this, does Cubase SX?

4)If Steinberg products do not allow 2 interfaces then what software does?
I am aware of Homestudio, I own it but i hated it and it never worked properly. It always crashed and randomly created anamolies. So, I would rather not use Homestudio. Sonar might be an option, but the demo i had did not work properly either.(Error messages, not user ignorance)

Thanks for reading this and hopefully answering some , if not all, questions.

If you're trying to get more inputs at a cheap cost..... it's not a good idea.

The timing clocks on separate cards can get out of synch and throw your tracks off. And yes, driver conflicts can also cause mucho crashes. Far better just to get an interface with more channels.

I do know that N-Track (www.ntrack.com) can do it; try out the demo on their website.

Cubase SE will let me select both my internal soundcard and my Tascam US-122 for inputs simultaneously, so, yes, it is possible. I have never tried to record anything this way, though. As has been suggested, latency would be a problem. Some cards, like the Delta 66, can be chained together to use the same wordclock.

Thanks TimOBrein and scrubs for your input. I am planning on getting a delta 1010. I will be able to sync them up with wordclock since both the Q10 and the delta have wordclock. I guess i will just have to try it for my self.

Thanks again.

Back