"A serious problem has occured.."

Francesco96

Hi, I' m having 2 BIG problems with my cubase Elements 8 and my PC (a desktop "Lenovo" with 16 gb of RAM, an Intel Core i5-6400 with 2,7 gHz and a turbo that should come to 3.1 gHz). The first one is the one of the title. While I'm using more vst tracks at the same time or even when I'm using just one VST track and if it's the only track of the project, sometimes I have this error (I'm going to add the picture of the window):

"A serious problem has occured, please try to save the project under another name and then restart Cubase Elements... "

I've done this hundred of times but nothig change. I can actually still work on my projects but even if I changed the files name it come back all the times. I'm having this problem since January so I collected hundred of .dmp files.

The other problem is that in the last week for 2 TIMES while I was closing CUBASE ELEMENTS 8 and I was also listened the music with my spotify, the audio of the PC turned off (I couldn't listen any kind of audio file) and the audio interfece (a STEINBERG UR12 ) started to make strange background noises (not phisically just in the phones).I turned off the audio interface and unfortunally both times a blue screen of death appeared and told me : your pc ran into a problem and need to restarts (I couldn't take a picture). So Windows restarted and now I can use it. But yesterday happened for the second time ever so I'm scared about this.
I think that this second problem is releted to my new USB MIDI MINI KEYBOARD (the M-AUDIO AXIOM AIR MINI 32), beacause the first day that this happened was the first time ever that I've been using the keyboard (when it came from AMOZON). This day another strange thing happens too: at the beginning I could use the MIDI keybord with no problem, then it started to not work so I downloaded some drivers from the "M audio" web site.Today I realized that these drivers that I installed was useless actually because I unistalled those Midi drivers and now I can still use the keyboard (even if sometimes cubase can't read it). In this case I close the software and I open it again to continue to use the MIDI controller.
I'm telling you this because I have no idea if this thing should be what caused the second problem (not the first one for sure beacause I'm having the first problem since many mounths)

I also have all the lastes upgrades of my "Cubase", of my "Ur 12" interface, of my "M audio" MIDI keyboard and of the Steinberg plug in "HAlion Sonic SE" too.

What do you thing guys? Is it just a RAM problem ? (I have 16 GB of RAM, this sound me strange)

Thank you, Francesco

Attachments

• A serious problem has occurred.jpg
    A serious problem has occurred.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 5
I tried to unistalled the M-Audio Midi drivers. The drivers that I installed was useless because now I can still use the keyboard but sometimes cubase can't read it. In this case I close the software and I open again to continue to use the MIDI controller. I also have all the lastes upgrades of "Cubase", of my "Ur 12" interface, of my "M audio" MIDI keyboard and of the steinberg plug in "HAlion Sonic SE" too.
I also realized that my device buffer size was set on 64 samples. Maybe this was the problem (I'm not sure I need your opinion). Checking the VST perfomance (in the last project I had 5 or 6 vst instrument tracks) the average load and the realtime peak parameters was very highs. Now I put it on 768 samples , I will see on the next days if I'm not gonna have the same problems or even latency problems on the futures projects. I hope so...

Let me know your opinion guys,
thanks

Hey there Franceso,

Welcome to HR.

I haven't seen the 'A serious problem has...' in a long time. If I remember correctly it was a ram issue. Or maybe a failing hard drive... Could also be a BIOS update for the USB controller. I am not enough of a computer guru to give solid advice.

Try memtest first. LINK

First step is to make sure your system is working. Plus it is free and so is the ram replacement if bad.

Just making sure you have the newest driver 1.10.1 for UR series?

Also make sure your Cubase Elicenser is up to date. Not sure if Elements needs Elicenser. Been on pro for 6 years.

Hope any of this helps.

Cheers!

Is this a legit copy of cubase and the plugins?
With cracks this kind of thing happens all the time due to modifications of the code. Assuming it's legit, write Steinberg and ask them.

You can try using VST3 versions of plugins since they use a bit less resources.

With cracks this kind of thing happens all the time due to modifications of the code. Assuming it's legit, write Steinberg and ask them.

He has Cubase 8 Elements man. No Cubase has been cracked since 5.

Steinberg has the worst support ever. Not worth asking them IMO.

He has Cubase 8 Elements man. No Cubase has been cracked since 5.

Steinberg has the worst support ever. Not worth asking them IMO.

No pro version has been cracked since 5, but a lot of the other versions have poorly done cracks that are super buggy (like his)...

Aw shit, you are right...

I don't understand why someone would risk their internet safety to save a few bucks. And then to compromise their personal recordings?

Maybe time for a different/cheaper hobby or way of expression...

That said, we don't know if the OP has a crack. He does have an interface that comes with Cubase AI.

Thanks to reply guys. Yes, everything is legit and perfectly update. What do you mean with VST3 versions of plugins? I'm in the home recording universe just from a couple of years, I know what a plug in is but I don't know what is this kind of version (VST3) . All the plugins are originals, normally I use free plugins from the website "VST4free.com" or the original plugins that are included in the cubase elements package. I wrote to steinberg support 3 days ago, I'm waiting for their opinion. I actually thing that was a ram issue caused from a wrong set of the buffer size, but I need an expert opinion to be sure.

Thanks to reply Jimmys !
Now I actually hope this was just a ram issue caused from a wrong buffers size set. Anyway, everything is original and perfectly update. I see that in the MetTest86 they say that I need an x86 computers. My pc work on 64 bit. I can do the test anyway?

Nothing to do, the problem persists. For the moment Steinberg didn't reply yet. It's not the first problem that I had with them: I had a big license trouble one year ago. I'm seriuously thing to change DAW

I used to get this "serious problem" error in the past, it was faulty plugins. Its kinda long and sad to do but i'd suggest a clean re-install of Cubase :/ (Im pretty sure some from VST4Free were causing those bugs )

I used to get this "serious problem" error in the past, it was faulty plugins. Its kinda long and sad to do but i'd suggest a clean re-install of Cubase :/ (Im pretty sure some from VST4Free were causing those bugs )

Ok, now I'm waiting the Steinberg support answer because if i unistall cubase I'll have some troubles with the license for sure :cursing:. But yes, should be a bug caused from some vst4free plug in. But I have no idea actually, I'm trying everything: I restarted cubase on safe mode, I reinstalled all the drivers, but the error stills. For the moment I can still using my projects and I didn't have more blue screens but this message sometimes come back, and I'm scared about this...

You could try removing the freeware plugs one at a time to see what the culprit might be. Not sure if Cubase Elements has plug in manager tho.

Back