Reiwiring Cubase Master to Live Slave

Vigo

So i've got it running and all, i can see the meters moving on both daws when i play a sample on ableton but heres what i really want to do.

I want to, say, record a guitar track on Cubase, send it to Ableton to use Ableton's FXS (like compressors or anything) and send it back to Cubase. I've found no real way of doing this, all i can seem to do is send midi in between the 2 daws but that's not at all what i was looking for in rewiring, so. Anyone knows how to rewire here?

The native effects in Cubase are really very good as is the guitar amp sim. Why one would want to rewire into Ableton is beyond me. You could just export the recorded .wav file and import it into Ableton, do whatever mashing you want and export it again and import into Cubase. Or try sending it out to your interface and jumper it into an imput that would be sending it to Ableton. I don't see anything in Ableton that isn't avbailable in Cubase.

What im looking to get precisely is a distortion that has a dry/wet button and control over the frequency share (like if i want more bass/treble) theres the BOD that does that but not really in a good way well at least for what i've done, i'd get the "Decapitator" otherwise but its kinda expensive. What im doing right now is sending my track to an AUX and send back the 2 tracks to a group that i continue on, its kind of a mess really i get soooo many excessive tracks doing this...

That's why i want to rewire, i'll consider your idea tho! Thanks!

To be honest, I haven't a clue as to what 'rewire' is even used for or how it works.

Maybe I am missing something.

If you would Vigo, I am truly interested in what the benefits or usage would be for. Please explain. :)

To be honest, I haven't a clue as to what 'rewire' is even used for or how it works.

Maybe I am missing something.

If you would Vigo, I am truly interested in what the benefits or usage would be for. Please explain. :)

I just answered to that in my previous post, i have no idea of how rewire works tho just like you, maybe i'd end up making more tracks than shortening the process. Im just trying to learn about it and if it doesnt work then i'll buy the god damn decapitator for my bday lol

I am not sure why you feel that 'rewire' is the answer. Not to mention that there are many other plugins like 'Decapitator' than can get what you want. I likely missed what it is you are looking for.

When is your birthday? Maybe someone will buy you a new toy... :)

I am not sure why you feel that 'rewire' is the answer. Not to mention that there are many other plugins like 'Decapitator' than can get what you want. I likely missed what it is you are looking for.

When is your birthday? Maybe someone will buy you a new toy... :)

first of june good sir, could you light me up on some of those other plugins. I've really only seen decapitator that looked nice but i guess i probly missed some...

Back