Recorded Microphone Audio Playback Stuttering

Radical_Ric

Hi all,

I am currently tracking a song in Cubase Elements 7. At the moment I am only using audio tracks (A few guitar tracks and a few Mic tracks). Everything is working fine apart from when I try and playback the microphone audio tracks I get a stutter as soon as the wave forms kick in. So it basically skips a very small part of my vocals. This also happens when I single out this specific audio track.

The weird thing is, is that if I start the record/playback line from very close to where the waveform kicks in the vocals are heard correctly. (I believe this tells me that everything recorded properly, it must be cubase) It's only if I start playing it from further back on the timeline is where it struggles when it reaches a waveform.

I hope this makes sense and someone could help me out, it's driving me crazy.

Here is a video of the problem...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQj5eze7PiQ

Cheers

Last edited:
im thinking 2 things here.

1 you cut the track and for some reason it kicks in too late like you said, try putting back the parts you,ve cut and mute them instead of cutting them.

2 buffer size problem but i doubt that since you'd be having more than vocal problems try number 1 i had something similar happen sometime and it fixed it for me

Listened to the vid.
It's like there's something with a large attack keeping the first transient from playing. None of the other tracks do this. You need to figure out what's different about this track. Do you have some kind of compression on the track?
Interesting that it's completely repeatable. A buffer problem probably would not cause this. (or at least shouldn't)

Wow you might have stumbled on something there! I have the VSTDynamic Plugin on that track. Just removed it and everything is fine. That's crazy!
Why is it doing that though do you think? I really like the tone that plugin gives my vocals. Is it a bug in cubase or something?

Thanks.

Check the settings on the plug and see if there's something like an attack setting...or something that works like an attack setting.

Back