Record enable

Atkron205

I have a weird thing going on, I have cubase 8 pro, if I manually arm a track to record, then if I click inside the track to select it, a blank area, not on a button, say to look at the input level, etc,it disarms the track for recording, on the flip side, if a track is not enabled for recording and I click in it to select it, it enables recording. for instance, I arm tracks 1-8 for recording, I then click in a blank area, to select it to look at it. it disarms, is this normal? Thanks.:D

That is odd. Other than the 'Preference' to enable record on selected channel, I am not aware of a preference that would do that.

Maybe time to trash your prefs?

Try in Safe Start Mode first. :)

That is odd. Other than the 'Preference' to enable record on selected channel, I am not aware of a preference that would do that.

Maybe time to trash your prefs?

Try in Safe Start Mode first. :)

to my knowledge I have not set any prefs, and I have looked all through the manual for something on it, it drives me crazy. I was doing some post production stuff the other day and clicking back and forth between several tracks, everytime I clicked to select a track it armed for record, now I think as long as I do not hit the record button on the transport bar it's no big deal, just bugs me when a track is armed and I do not want it to be, also I have lost more than one take by clicking in a track and it dis arming, as always thanks Jimmy.:facepalm:

Keep in mind that things can get corrupt in the Preferences even without changing anything. It just happens sometimes that things get crazy. Once for me crossfades just stopped working when hitting 'x'. Rebuilding the preferences folder fixed the issue.

Give it a shot man. :)

Back