record button Cubase 8

Atkron205

Is it normal to have to hit the record button twice? the 1st time I hit it, it goes red for a split second and the play button goes green, I have to hit it a 2nd time to record. Thanks!:facepalm:

Is it possible you have the cue option selected? Can't seem to open Cubase right now to catch a screenshot for you. But there is an option to do a 2 measure count off before recording starts. It's possible you have that selected.

Is it possible you have the cue option selected? Can't seem to open Cubase right now to catch a screenshot for you. But there is an option to do a 2 measure count off before recording starts. It's possible you have that selected.

I do have a tempo track added with 2 measures of count in, that may be it. I spent 2 hours trying to get the control room mix buss setup for my room monitors, I may have done something to cause it. I let it run after hitting record but not sure if I waited long enough. Thank you sir!:D

Ya know, I have often had that issue when pressing record for a punch in with mouse. I have a Steinberg TP controller that I use that always nails it. Not sure what causes this but it is friggen annoying.

Not sure this is related, but I can't count the number of times I felt stupid because I got mouse happy and forgot to use the damn controller and a punch didn't happen. Sometimes hitting record button just doesn't work with the mouse.

I have no idea what causes that in my situation and not sure it helps you at all....

Ya know, I have often had that issue when pressing record for a punch in with mouse. I have a Steinberg TP controller that I use that always nails it. Not sure what causes this but it is friggen annoying.

Not sure this is related, but I can't count the number of times I felt stupid because I got mouse happy and forgot to use the damn controller and a punch didn't happen. Sometimes hitting record button just doesn't work with the mouse.

I have no idea what causes that in my situation and not sure it helps you at all....

I thought I was losing my mind, after a few times of trying it I thought my routing buss may be the issue, I spent an hour jacking with it, then on a whim hit it the 2nd time. well for fucks sake (I learned that term from someone) it worked. :D

is this what you are talking about?

Amazon.com: Steinberg CMC-QC DAW Controller: Musical Instruments

You could also use the * button on the numpad of a computer keyboard (all the transport controls have shortcuts mapped there too) - does the same thing afaik.

Back