Recommendations for a CuBase guide book?

ELECTRIC-MAYHEM

Hi,

I was looking around on Ebay and saw that there were quite a few books on the subject of learning Cubase, and was wondering if anyone here has used any of them.

I'm looking for something that will really help break down the basics and be written for the beginner, and not assume that I know more than I do.
Sort of a "Complete Idiot's guide" sort of thing.

I imagine that if I could get my head around the basics, then I could delve deeper into the official Cubase users manual, and of course refer to the community here for further clarification and support. My "basic" questions are too numerous to burden you guys with, I'm afraid.

I'm using Elements7, so I don't know how far back I can go as far as the information being accurate/relevant.

Thanks for any insight.

This book is about the only one I've seen for Cubase 7; not sure if it covers all of the different versions but it may give you a good idea of how it all works.

For what it's worth, youtube has a ton of good stuff for Cubase. Steinberg tutorials and individual users showing how they do things. Depending on what you're looking to get figured out, youtube would at least give you a free way to get a little more information.

Thanks again pikingrin. I think that's the one I'll go with. The synopsis does say that it's written with the noob in mind.

I have found some of the youtube tutorials useful, but most don't dumb it down quite enough for my particular level of idiocy.

Just to follow up, I did order Power Tools for Cubase 7 by Matthew loel T. Hepworth.

It is OUTSTANDING. It really is written for the beginner, with examples and analogies that make everything really understandable.
I'm not too far in as of yet but am confident that if I treat the book, and my time, as if I am taking a correspondence course then I will have a handle on the situation in time.

Dude, glad to hear that book is good; might have to snag one myself just to make sure I'm not missing out on anything. :thumbs up:

Back