Question on usage of SSHD....

brownta_30240

So, I've been reading a lot here. One thing I've noticed is that a SSHD is highly recommended. I've ordered one. The question is: What should I keep on the SSHD? What should I keep on the standard(5200rpm) drive?

I guess it depends on what you want to achieve .... I'd say if you want a fast boot, your boot partition, and or programs partition like i do. Maybe if you use it for recording or playback a lot of tracks at the same time, your audio files partition ... (or with video editing). Mare sure your SSD is configured and connected properly as usually indicated by the manufacturer, that makes quite a difference. I have 2 Samsung SSDs and use their Magician software to set them up as required. - F

I think they're only effective as a main/boot drive, as it can put your most commonly used files (mostly OS and programme files) on the SSD section of the drive. If you use it as a data drive, it will always be changing its mind as to what should be on the SSD section, so you're really just getting an expensive 5,400RPM data drive and you'd be better off with a normal 7,200RPM HDD (assuming you need a fast drive).

---------- Update ----------

(You don't choose which files go where, by the way, the drive does that automatically.)

Back