Protools FREE Download!

Yeah great - 7 tracks for drums... hmmm I can have either a vocal, or bass or maybe a guitar on the 8th track. Which one's gotta go...

Might be good for those who do a lot of midi with vocals, guitars etc. But for those that require more than 8, I can't see it as much more than a crippled demo.

Have a nice day to! :)

mmmm. lets see.

Take those 7 drum tracks, bounce them to a stereo mix. Keep the original 7 tracks in the session just turn thier voices off. 2 tracks for drums, 6 tracks for gtr's, bass, and vocals. Wait - maybe a stereo mix of the drums less the kic and snare. 4 tracks of drums, gtr's, bass, vocals - sounds like a pretty good demo set up for free.

Why is it that everyone on this site seems to hate digidesign and protools?

jamiecer,

Well I suppose you could do that, assuming it will let you submix. You probably need 2 tracks free to submix 7 drums to 2, but anyway. I'm not knocking this product, I think it probably is a very good program that may work just great for some people. I wish something like this were available when I was using DOP.

On any version of ProTools you do not need any free tracks to be able to preform a bounce to disk. Pro Tools will allow you to open up as many tracks as you want. It will only play back however many "voices" you have available. On the free version that number is 8.

What is the Radium Version you guys are talking about. I have never heard of that.

j

or will it be an Oxygen version?? ;););)

Look - without doubt Pro Tools is the number 1 computer based recording and editing system - all the major studios have either it or Paris, or Sadie. And I reckon that to get a version that will do eight tracks is great and I'm just waiting for the onslaught to slow down and I'll download it too.
Just to be able to learn its systems etc will be worth it and I thank digidesign ProTools for the free offer to play with it.

Cheers
John :D

[Edited by John Sayers on 10-28-2000 at 21:14]

Back