Please help... i have no clue whats going on with cubase

LiquidBronze

ok.. i have a beat and then a vocal track
now this has happended twice so far and it sux
i mixdown the track and everything seems ok
then when i go to re-open my project and play it back
the beat is very loud, then when it reaches the vocal part it goes back to normal
WTF!! is going on then i figure its a bug.. but when i mix it down again the final rendered track sounds like that.
this is very annoying
and i have changed nothing in any of the settings anywhere
hardware or software

has this happended to any one else????
is this a bug or what?

thanks

Can you explain this a little better, I don't quite understand what is happening when you say you have a beat and then a vocal track?

You didn't accidently enable the automation function? Turn off the READ button in the mixer window. I doubt that's it though, just a thought.

Do you have any effects in the master section of the mixer? I've had this happen with a Peak Compressor when it is set for "auto normalize"- its starts out way loud then tones everything down when more instruments kick in.

Good luck,
Chris

I have had the exact same thing happen to me. I have one guitar track going then when the second one comes in it strats off WAY louder than it should be for about a beat or two then goes to the normal volume. The strange thing is it is not likethat until i exprt the file. I have not found out why it is doing this but thought you might like to know that somene esle has the same problem

This is probably from automating the VST mixer using the read button which writes your mixer actions into a special Audiomix Part(it looks like a separate track). When you playback this part it repeats your fader movements. If you recorded into the Audiomix Part('Write' button active) a loud section(fader up), say at the beginning of the second guitar and then moved the fader down to correct the level, when you go to export the song, that will reproduce that same sequence. The 'Write' function also works in stop mode as well as playback, so you can go back, make changes, and they will take effect at that song position. I hope this solves your problem.

Back