Physical Mixing Board to control Cubase?

geneticfunk

Is there a physical mixing board that I can plug into Cubase to control the levels etc of the channels in Cubase?

I'm thinking of something that doesn't have any audio processing capability, simply a controller... perhaps connecting to the computer via USB or something like that. I'm hoping that it would be much cheaper than a mixing board that has audio processing capability.

As far as the Number of channels that I'm looking for, I could do with only 4 or 8 if I could switch to a new "bank" of channels to control more channels... this feature would require the knobs and sliders of the mixing board to remember their values when the bank was switched, and would also need to be able to physically move themselves back to these remembered positions when said bank was returned to.

With this feature, I'd actually prefer to have no more than 8 physical channels (with a the ability to control an unlimited number of channels via additional banks, of course) in order to conserve space in my office studio.

I have no idea if there is anything out there like this... is there?

Behringer BCF2000 is the cheapest that will give you 8 channels. they run about $200 on MF and zZounds.com

Keep in mind that the Behringer will work, and it does have fader banks, but it is a real pain to setup for Cubase. The Mackie Universal Control (more expensive) does a much better job of that. In fact, when you set the Behringer up, they reccomend that you do so by emulating the Mackie. Many people have actually found the Mackie to be easier to use and program than the Steinberg Houston which was specifically designed for Cubase/Nuendo.

xstatic said:
Keep in mind that the Behringer will work, and it does have fader banks, but it is a real pain to setup for Cubase. The Mackie Universal Control (more expensive) does a much better job of that. In fact, when you set the Behringer up, they reccomend that you do so by emulating the Mackie. Many people have actually found the Mackie to be easier to use and program than the Steinberg Houston which was specifically designed for Cubase/Nuendo.

I second the Mackie Control (because I have one!) I got the berry first and returned it cause it was a pain to set up and the mackie is pretty much "plug and play", plug in midi cables and select Mackie Control Universal in Cubase and it's operational!!!!!!

So far the Mackie is about the only one I have seen that sets up quickly, and then functions intuitively. I have not however used the new steinberg ID console though (mucho dinero).

xstatic said:
So far the Mackie is about the only one I have seen that sets up quickly, and then functions intuitively. I have not however used the new steinberg ID console though (mucho dinero).

13,950.00 EUR = 16,789.23 USD:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'll stick with my Mackie for a while! ;)

Back