Out of the blue, serious issues with cubase 5.1

Remko_Ehrhardt

Hi guys,

I have a pretty huge problem all of a sudden, cubase always worked fine, sometimes my computer had some problems but then I just did a format and it was all running smoothly again. But lately its having the same memory (ASIO performance) over and over. I cant load 2 or 3 instruments in Kontakt or its out of memory, and it was just about time to record a new song with acoustic guitar and some singing (first time I do that in the 21 years that I make music) and I was very amped. So this is a real bummer, hope its not a sign ;)

Anyways, my computer specs are:

Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel(r) Core i7 CPU
860 @ 2.80Ghz
16GM RAM
64bit

I noticed cubase doesnt see my 64bit plugins, so I am now geussing that there is the problem, but since I read cubase 5.1 isnt 64bits it confuses me. And it always worked perfectly, so it doesnt make sense.. I also copied all the libraries on the C:, I thought that would maybe help to load it faster, but nope..

Does anybody has any idea? Any suggestions, idea's or actual solutions will be highly appreciated cuz its driving me nuts at this moment. Thank you so much in advance

I thought some versions of Cubase 5 were 64bit compatible. I remember running Cubase 5 on my 64bit computer.

I think you should reload Cubase. Maybe completely uninstall then reinstall. It sounds like you're having problems with the bridge, which allows 32 bit plugs to run on a 64bit machine.

Also check your hard drive and RAM memory. If one of those goes bad, it will cause the type of problems you are seeing.

---------- Update ----------

I am now downloading asio4all.. maybe that will help..

Why??

What interface are you using?

I used to use that all the time, I am just a bit lost at the moment I guess

"Also check your hard drive and RAM memory. If one of those goes bad, it will cause the type of problems you are seeing."
You mean that there might be errors with(in) them? How do I check if the RAM is still ok? And should I just do a disk check?

Thank you for your respons, I will deinstall cubase, run ccleaner and install again. Thank you

And I guess am downloading it because my ASIO performance is extremely high and that is what causes the problems I guess, I am not that technical because everything always worked :-/

I don't think VSTi's will affect your ASIO performance. I'm prett sure they are unrelated to each other. Out of curiosity, I pulled up my VST Performance monitor and it looked exactly the same as yours. That is with Cubase sitting idle one song loaded with one VSTi loaded. I have an UAD Apollo firewire interface.

Which interface are you using again?

check buffer size, are those instruments new? some vst instruments are crasy heavy on cpu

tryed asio4all to get my 2 interfaces working together and it just kept popping overloads with a very high latency, never again for me :)

Back