oscillators and that cinematic bass sound

whymark

Good day all, I've got several oscillators, including Prolog, that I'm trying to obtain that cinematic-sub bass-mmmph sound,, I'm figuring that there's some sort of sequence for adjusting the parameters.....course, fine, ratio yada yada. but, cam't get my arms around it. There's a couple of tutorials of Youtube which have been somewhat helpful but, I need something with large print and lots of pictures!!! So far, the web search hasn't turned up what (I think) I need. I can make them growl but, the mmmph evades me. Many thanks.

mark

Apologies for the delay but, this is my fourth attempt to answer....between storms knocking out the internet and other equipment failures, it seems as though this response wasn't meant to be.Here's a rough approximation of what I'm trying to achieve......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvNafU2mfC8.....I want much more feeling; windows rattling etc......been reading a LOT about using layers, reverb, distortion, EQ and the like to beef up the boom but, nothing on the use of oscillators....I remain convinced that the answer lies in proper oscillator configuration and settings....I'll start fooling around with the layer etc concept but, would like to know more about oscillatore.....books, articles,Blogs or straight-from-the-mouth.....many thanks
mark

Are you certain what you are after is generated by a synth and not a sample?

Also thank you for the example, I would not have guessed that in a 1000 years based on your OP.

]ok. you want to know. well when the subtraction of frequency of the two summed signals equals the frequency of the harmonic. This harmonic can sum with the fourier that is derived from the two fundamental and that differential frequency shall be 6 db higher than one of the two originating signal sources.

No I don't print my work. I don't wished to see sonic weapons made by my formulas.

but there is the info you need. attached is an example:
30+40hz sorry wav file is too big had to mp3 it but you'll get the idea.

best sampling rate will be 96kz as the HPF on the dacs and adc are bypassed in most i/o at that rate

WARNING: DO NOT PLAY THE ATTACHMENT AT LOUD VOLUMES!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 30plus40.mp3
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
drtechno.....thanks man, for all of that.....good stuff once I figure everything out ......from a biomedical engineer; this whole new world of sound engineering is fascinating and I am sincerely appreciative of everybody on this site for their time and effort
mark

muffed kick sound with lots of reverbs, there you go

Just had a play with this (kick drum sample from Ableton then lots of frequency shifting/stretching/EQ/reverb in Audition) and damned if it doesn't work!

Back