New Addition to Cubase Setup

BluMusic

Yesterday I added to additions to my overall setup. Ok no big deal I suppose but I wanted to point out two things about this:

The first was a pair of badly needed Studio Monitors. Because of the deal, I settled for KRK Rokit 5 powered. The second is a set of VST processors by iZotop (Ozone3) & (Vinyl).

Now of course I understand the need & use for my Monitors however not certain if these are the best I could get but they sound great and like I said, the price was what I considered very good. I've already re-mixed a previous project using them instead of what I originally used for editing then burning to listen to in the home & car stereo systems, and it sounded ten times better than I had hoped for BUT still not as good as what I hear on the radio (just yet).

So then comes the VST Plugins, which I obtained because this is what they used on the Cubase tutorial DVD and I suppose if it's good enough for Steinberg, then it must be good enough for me.

Alrighty then, here's the THING. Aside from getting use to the Monitors over time, I have no idea if the plugins will enhance my work or even how to use them. I've only tried Ozone thus far but even that has more adjustments then the Space Shuttle.

So my question is, will Ozone be a valuable tool for me within SX3 or does SX3 already have built within, a suitable comparison for adding or subtracting various wetness in Reverb, Dither, EQ, Dynamics, etc. ? Also, do any of you use either of these products and if so, how do I get to learn how to use them?

Back