Need to save files form Cubase On Pc and change platforms to Mac

c_r_a_z_y

I have got a song on Cubase VST on a PC!
I need to save the audio files and the song file so I can transfer it to mac what ever I try the mac doesnt read the files.
How do I do this??
How do I save what I want etc!

Thanx
craze

Save the audio files as AIFF files.

You can do that on Cubase for PC, can't you? I could be all wet, but I think I have done it in the past.

Or did I?

Crap, I can't remember for sure - but try it - if it gives you AIFF as a file type to save as - that is the ticket.

Brad

My bad

Sorry - correcting myself here - don't try to 'save as' AIFF files, use the export function, and that should give you an AIFF option.

Sorry 'bout that.

Brad

Thanx Brad!
But when I go to export auido tracks it will only let me export them as a final mix down!
I need to export all the tracks so I can mix them on the mac!
have u got any idea's??

Thanx
craze

Hmmm. I am at work, so I can't fiddle with Cubase right now - I will mess with it tonight and try to find out what the deal is. You should be able to export one file at a time - somehow.

I will post later if I can figure it out.

Brad

Okay Crazy, try this:

Open up the Audio Pool in the project that you are wanting to do this to. You should see all of the audio as individual files. Select a file that you want to export by highlighting it. From the "do" menu, you should see an "export segment" or "export file" choice. Try that, and I believe you will be able to export it to a folder on your hard drive as an AIFF. Then repeat for each file that you want. You should be able to burn those and load them into your mac.

I think that will work - I am operating from memory here, I still am not home, so I haven't verified this by trying it.

Good luck,

Brad

Also crazy, I don't know if you use any Sonic Foundry products, but they have something that you can get by itself, or get it bundled with Vegas - it is called Batch Converter 5.0.

It allows you to convert file formats like this in one sweeping motion. If you had this, you could just find where the WAV files in question are residing on your hard drive, dump them all into Batch Converter and with a keystroke or two, convert them all to AIFF.

You may want to consider this if you plan on doing this kind of transfer very often.

Brad

Back