Midi keyboard headphone problems

robrhapsody

Ive just run into a problem with the sound coming from Cubase. For some reason the sound is only coming through my right ear and right speaker. I would assume this means the Midi output is mono, but cannot find anything online explaining how to change this, and as far as I can see the output is coming from the left and right, but the left is not having any sound. Ive never had this problem before, so it urks me a little bit. no matter what I try to change it continues to do this. Any help would be appreciated

WE are going to need a bit more info.

Where is the sound coming from? Do you have the analog outputs of the keyboard plugged into your interface, or are you plugged midi out of the keyboard and using a VST in Cubase to generate the sound?

Where are you plugging the headphones into? The keyboard or the interface?

What interface are you using?

Are you using the hardware monitoring on your interface, or monitoring through Cubase?

What is the routing of the singla in cubase?

WE are going to need a bit more info.

Where is the sound coming from? Do you have the analog outputs of the keyboard plugged into your interface, or are you plugged midi out of the keyboard and using a VST in Cubase to generate the sound?

Where are you plugging the headphones into? The keyboard or the interface?

What interface are you using?

Are you using the hardware monitoring on your interface, or monitoring through Cubase?

What is the routing of the singla in cubase?

I have M-Audio speakers hooked into a M-Audio Fasttrack interface which is plugged into the USB of my computer by RCA cables. When it comes to anything other than Cubase, sound is coming out of both speakers. (YouTube, Hulu, websites, ect)
My midi keyboard is a Novation Launchkey 49 that is plugged by usb to the computer also. I use different VST's in Cubase to produce the sound.
My headphones are plugged into the headphone jack of the interface.
and I'm not sure what hardware monitoring is.
This is the same setup that I have always had though, and ive never ran into this issue before.

It sounds like you somehow set up a mono main bus in cubase. You need to go to VST connections in the Devices menu and make sure that the let and right output are routed to the correct outputs.

It sounds like you somehow set up a mono main bus in cubase. You need to go to VST connections in the Devices menu and make sure that the let and right output are routed to the correct outputs.

So, I did go to the VST connections and it shows that the outputs are on the left and right. I did notice tonight that at first it does seem to work in both ears until I change instruments in halion sonic. Then it goes to one ear. and with relatively lower volume than it should.

Then there is something wrong with that vst. There might be several places where that can be adjusted, including in the vsti itself. I'm not familiar with that vsti, could it be mono?

Then there is something wrong with that vst. There might be several places where that can be adjusted, including in the vsti itself. I'm not familiar with that vsti, could it be mono?

Thanks for all your help. I reinstalled the drivers for the interface and its working just fine! :)

Back