lexicon omega asio driver

ddread

mysticman
greetings to everyone
i have one strange problem
i tried updating my lexicon omega asio driver on many occasion
but every time i do so i do get the music to play for a few seconds then it stop
i dont know if its the software of the computer
when i delete the asio update i would hear sound again with my old very fisrt version
of the omega driver

i have cubase 5 with lexicon omega as sounddriver
running windows 7 on an i7 super power computer
any help would be appreciated
thank you in advance

I'll assume English isn't your first language. :)

But the solution is simple, if it works one way and doesn't the other then go with what works.

it works but not good as it should
when i try to lower buffer size i dont hear anything
i cant record i cant play back
and i dont think english had anything to do with it
infact i need a solution in english to atleast continue
to do what i do
anyway thank you for your reply
its was most wellcome

it works but not good as it should
when i try to lower buffer size i dont hear anything
i cant record i cant play back
and i dont think english had anything to do with it
infact i need a solution in english to atleast continue
to do what i do
anyway thank you for your reply
its was most wellcome

Well, the way that you have typed your post and subsequent reply with no punctuation or regards for grammar, seems to show a different style of representing your English language. lol

I am not trying to judge, just an observation. I could really care less..... Anyway,

Your interface should work fine with the appropriate driver for your OS. Seems there is more likely a conflict with your setup with the PC. There are many steps you can do to optimize your system. It takes a bit of Google on the topic to find out how to do it. It could also be an issue with too many things running off the same USB controller. More than likely, it is just a matter of making your audio 'priority' and shutting down the worthless stuff on your recording PC.

Keep us updated after you do some Googles. Every setup is different, though it seems we have the same OS and CPU. You should have no issues man.

thank you jimmy.
I wasnt trying to upset no one and neither disrespect no one.
But simply trying to get help if it is possible.
If I in some way did then i kindly apologize of such.
Ok back to problem at hand.
I did google up ways to optimize my pc after having difficulty recording and playing back,
but nothing aint change when it come to what im trying to do namely to record.
like i said i tried updating my soundcard wich is omega asio, and it would not play back no matter
where i have the buffer size set.
So i reinstall the older version,which wont let me use the smaller buffer setting cause it wont playback
and i set a larger setting, it do playback but when i try to record midi i cant get nothing the way i want like recording in timing to the beat.
maybe there is something im not getting right, that is where i have to ask questions to atleast help me try with what ever that can be done.
If i knew it all wont be a reason for me to ask.
I did send lexiconpro an email hoping they would reply soon with any idea that can help.
Thank yo again for your reply jimmy :)

I can't offer any help or suggestions but would be very interested to hear what Lexicon's response is. I'm in the process of researching a new PC for recording and photo editing. My current PC is a Win XP pro machine with a P4, 4GB RAM and a Lexicon Lambda.

I'm running LE4 and testing Elements 6 right now. It all works not even too badly with a latency of 9.5 ms. I do notice a driver issue as well, however. I have to quite often reset the ASIO settings just to get input for audio recording.

Reading the problem above makes me wonder if a new PC will make things really better. Win 7 seem pretty bloated and buggy so any theoretical improvement appears to be eaten up by that. 64 bit would help me with photo processing but I'm a little concerned that this will be causing other issues. Not to speak of trying to tie in one Win 7 machine within a network of XP machines.

Again, curious what Lexicon will say about the driver issue - if that's what it is.

Reading the problem above makes me wonder if a new PC will make things really better. Win 7 seem pretty bloated and buggy so any theoretical improvement appears to be eaten up by that.

This is the type of uneducated comment that is construed by others as fact. Bloated and buggy is obviously something that you heard from someone who has no clue how to setup W7, or at least has no experience with it.

Stop listening to uneducated comments about anything. Realize that half the people who try to work with computers, cant even use a cellphone. I am not going to even attempt defending W7 or the Lexicon drivers. It does not need it. A user need only properly set up their system. Seriously, optimizing any operating system for audio recording, using the latest driver for a particular interface (provided by the manufacturers website), deleting any services on your computer that are not necessary, like internet. Your system may be capable of doing all things, but unless you have an i5 or above, quit bitching if you want clean/low latency recording, without dropouts, and have youtube, FB, and Pernhub use on your PC, when you haven't a CPU that can handle it. If you have any program that downloads illegal material, then forget any efficiency. And go to hell (not judging anyone at hand, just a general statement). If you want to make recordings, use a PC 'only' for that. Especially if it is an old one with less than ideal, single core processor. If you want to use a PC for multiple tasks, go with the latest i7 4 core processor. Either way, you need to optimize its functions for your purposes.

Yes, a lesser grade computer can do tons of efficient work, but it has to be optimized for the task at hand. So does a higher level PC. And if you want the cleanest possible, install a copy of W7 OEM. None of the bloatware that comes with a brand name PC. Even with that, there is still optimization to be done to make it optimal for recording. It is just the way it is with Windows.

Blaming drivers, OS, or DAW, is 99% lack of understanding of how to setup the gear.

Hi Jimmy,

Well thanks for responding and trying to help though calling people you don't even know uneducated is not exactly nice. And personally I don't think I'm uneducated in general and have my fair share of practical computer knowledge that I acquired over the years of trying to set up and tweak my stuff so that it would serve my specific needs. And it's not that I haven't set up Win 7 and Vista systems before. And I do find it bloated and buggy. Bloated in that it's full of "features" that I could care less about in a desperate attempt to look as pretty and "easy" as Macs. And buggy in that it is picky about hardware and doesn't run older applications always. Sure, this has been an issue since the beginning of personal computers available on a consumer level mass scale. XP so far has been the best experience in my book. So that's where that statement came from. You may disagree but I don't think I'm uneducated about these things per se.

I do use the latest drivers for the Lexicon, the system is tweaked to some extend and the performance for such an old PC is even that bad. Still, I constantly have to hit reset in the ASIO/inputs/driver menu. A known issue even documented on the Lexicon site with no suggestion on how to fix it. No difference between LE4 and Elements 6 in that regard. If anything it's worse under 6.

I just keep going trying to get back to the actual questions and specific problems while trying to establish if a new PC in the i5 class will actually improve my experience or not so much. And suggesting that even today you have to designate a PC fully to music in order to get to better performance is frankly a little discouraging. I'm not a gamer and for the "pernhub" actually have a real life. So I don't think it should be asked too much to see if it's possible to set up a dekstop PC that runs recording software (with nothing else running at the same time), iTunes, Photoshop/Lightroom and MS Office. And check the news and weather every now and then. That should be possible I think even with a budget of $500-$700. But maybe my specific issue really starts with the Lexicon and I have to get a more modern interface. Maybe even a more high grade firewire device. It's hard to pinpoint I find. Sure, there are a lot guides out there how to set things up. Been there done that. But I'm still trying to find out what the real bottleneck in all this is. Sure, it's easy to point in the direction of my current weak old processor. Seems obvious. But then again, the thing runs at about 50% when Cubase is running.

Again, I'm ignoring the insults just in case anyone else wants to chime in who has some real life experience with the specific situation, particular the Lexicon drivers and the reset issue.

Thanks

Well, I must apologize for how I came across in my response to what you said. You stated that W7 was bloated and possibly responsible for the OP's issues. I stated "This is the type of uneducated comment that is construed by others as fact". Having much experience with W7 and the interface he was talking about, your response seemed like misinformation that was not going to help his cause. I may have overreacted, and overstated my case, about users not listening to every opinion or review. But many are just horribly inaccurate review by people who just have not taken the time to set things up correctly. I did not mean any discourtesy or judgment of you. Though, W7 in a retail Dell, is not the same thing you will get by building a PC and installing W7 OEM. The PC manufacturer 'bloatware' does not exist.

Anyway, did not mean to 'scold' you man. I was having a typical reaction, when a noob is given non-direct advice. I am a friend of noobs, and can get a bit defensive at times.

Do over?

Peace,

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

You know what? My apologies as well. You raise an excellent point in that I was way too consumed with my own assessment of my options and questions and my remarks may well have lead to more confusion of the original poster. That certainly wasn't my intention. I was jumping on it because there was finally someone who ran into similar issues - only, shockingly, on a much better modern system.

No ill feelings.

Thanks for your time.

Back