Lag in the exported file and when listening to the song inside cubase

EternusMorbus

Hi,

I don't know how to explain this very well, but I'll give it a try.

I've recorded quite a few songs now and exported audio mixdowns with no issues. But with this last song I'm working on now, the song is lagging in some parts. It appears to be lagging when its many tracks playing at the same time. And what I mean by lagging, is that 1-2 seconds of a random track disappears/mutes and then comes back on. After another few seconds, another track mutes and comes back on again. (Not mute as in the mute-button goes active/inactive, but the sound disappears a couple of seconds)

The big problem is that the lag also is there when I've exported to an audio mixdown. Even though I export single tracks or the whole song in one.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Relevant info:
- The song is 12 minutes long with a huge amount of tracks, so I guess its a bit heavy for the computer.
- The computer is a fully specced macbook pro
- Using the lastest cubase artist

Thanks!

if you ran your mix thru processing,
there cold be some latency from the processing itself.

I assume Cubase has a CPU usage meter? Are you running a lot of VSTi instruments? Many reverbs?

You might be on to something there. Not sure if Cubase has CPU usage meter, but I'll check if it does. That could answer the question. As for VST i do drums and some amplifying for the guitars. Some reverb as well. I guess the lagging started after I added effect/VST.

F12 opens the Performance Meter.

Try 'Freeze' your VSTi tracks before exporting.

See if that helps. :)

Back