Issues with cubase 5

Gian Marsel

Hello. I'm using cubase 5, with windows 7 (64bit) from today, since i got a new pc. I've installed cubase, downloaded asio4all drivers etc. In the plugins information>vst 2.x plugin paths it says that my VST plugins folder is at c:\Program Files (x86)\common files\steinberg\VST2. There is no such folder in my computer. Only a VST3 folder inside "common files". I added a diferent path, to find my vst plugins, they loaded into cubase, BUT. When i connect my guitar to my sound card (behringer uca222), i open a new track, arm it for recording and activate the monitoring, i add a random plugin that cubase had from the installation, and it works ok. I add one of the plugins that i put into the vst folder, and nothing. As an example, a guitar amp. The only thing i hear is myself on clean and when i increase the gain, a noise is the only thing i get from the vst. Just amp noise, like the guitar doesnt even pass through the plugin. I cant think of a reason why this is happening. It may help if i say what the chain i use is. Guitar-cable @ sound card, no output cables, just my speaker system connected to the "headphones" output, and usb to my computer. I would apreciate every help or possible solution.

Thank you :)

First, it looks like there is a downloadable driver for the Behri. You should typically be using the ASIO driver for the interface, and not ASIO4All.

I do not quite understand what you are saying about your plugin path. There should definitely be a C:Program Files (x86) folder. Did you install 32-bit or 64-bit version of Cubase? That could be the issue. 32-bit plugins must be 'bridged' into 64-bit Cubase. Even then they do not always work. 'J-Bridge' is known to work better. I am just guessing though without more info from you.

Its x32. Should i install a x64 version? This is the folder problem i was talking about

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 1.png
    1.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 20
No You don't need to go to 64-bit unless you need to access more ram.

First things first:

Your screenshot shows that you went to 'Common Files'. You went too far. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins is what you want man.

Sorry for the delay, I smashed my phone and was buying a new one.

I unistalled cubase 5, and installed cubase 7 64x. I tried to install my plugins again, in the folder you said, but again the same problem. No guitar signal through the vst.

But wait, installing 64-bit Cubase just creates another possible set of issues as far as running 32-bit VST's...

No need to ever 'uninstall' a version of Cubase. You can have them all installed if have the space.

Ok, you need to verify that you installed the plugin dll correctly. Let's see if it is recognized by Cubase first.

In Cubase, Go to Devices>Plug-in Information. Do you see them listed? If not hit 'Update Plug-in Information.

Try this first.

By the way, what are you trying to install and use in Cubase?

The plugins are listed. Im trying to install the SoloC Head and LeCab 1.0v. I want to install peavey revalver too, and i want to install addictive drums when im done with the amps. I saw that soloc head is 32bit. Maybe thats the reason it doesnt work? But peavey revalver is x64, and it doesnt even apear anywhere in cubase.

try installing the 64 bit version, it usually works better even with less RAM, I've found it to be more stable from my experiences, especially when you OS is 64 bit!

Back