Installation problems (anyone experienced this?)

Wireneck

I recently began working with a guy who uses Cubase Sx. I for the most part use Adobe Audition extensively. He has been trying to convert me to using cubase to make this project flow a little smoother. So I finally agreed to try out the program. Only problem is that the software will not install. It hangs up every time it starts installing this file " stein___.ttf " . This is NOT a pirated copy of the software, it is the real deal.
Ive searched through all of Steinbergs support/installation forums and it seems that there are many people experiencing this same exact problem. Im not going to jump the gun and start bashing Steinberg because I have not yet purchased the software (thank god at this point). I just find it incredibly disturbing that they haven't attempted to address this problem. If they have, I can't find any evidence of it online.
So im curious if anyone has encountered this or has seen a fix for it? Everyone who it seems to be happening to is running Windows Xp and it appears to be an issue with all versions of SX. I am currently trying to install Sx 1 .

Thanks for the feedback Bruce. I guess Cubase is just having issues with my current system configuration. I just think its odd that there are at least a dozen more people experiencing the same thing and Steinberg hasn't addressed it.

I have never had a Steinberg install problem with SX 1, 2, 3, Nuendo 2, or SL3 on either XP or 2000. Kind of sucks though if you are having that problem. It looks like the file you listed is a font file:( TTF = true type font?

Yes indeed, its a font file that just kills the installation. There are a few people who tried to come up with a work around but nothing seems to work so far.

Do you have a serial number for Cubase cuz my dumb ass brother gave me a CD and not the box. I want to try Cubase cuz I am using fruity loops and one of my homeboys told me Cubase was better. holla back.

FUGITIVE said:
Do you have a serial number for Cubase cuz my dumb ass brother gave me a CD and not the box. I want to try Cubase cuz I am using fruity loops and one of my homeboys told me Cubase was better. holla back.

:rolleyes:

Get ready....here we go.

FUGITIVE said:

8675309 ! :p

FUGITIVE said:
Here's how to get the number. Type it into a handheld LCD calculator and then turn it upside down to read the serial code:

13844502 x 4

What I can think of, but I'm not totally sure about it, is this:
I think installing new fonds (which Cubase does aswell, like the file you mentioned) requires administrative rights. If your trying to install the program on a non-admin account, the installation should still give you a message that that is the case, but if for some reason it doesn't tell you it needs an admin-account, then that might be your problem.

What you could also try it simply taking a fond you already have installed, copy the file, and rename it to the file that cubase tries to use for the new text file. Perhaps when the installer sees the file already there it will assume that it's already installed and there will be no problem? Might work, probably won't, just thinking out loud.

FUGITIVE said:

Dude bad move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I had a problem installing Cubase SX 2 when I first bought it. Turned out to be that it was looking for the wrong directory to install to or something like that. If I recall all I had to do was change the default location for the installation and it worked.

Hey Fugitive - go start your own thread dumbass...

I think what they are trying to tell you Fugitive is that they don't appreciate people using stolen software. You say you borrowed it, but they don't believe you. There is other hardware that comes with Cubase that you have to have to make it run. If you don't have that, than the numbers won't help anyways. If you do have that, you can get the numbers from it. What exactly did your brother give to you?

i dont know if this will help but i had a similar problem trying to install cubasis (comes with the emu 04-04). i kept getting hung up on one file so i called their tech support and they had me install the program under safe mode....(this is with windows XP)....and it worked fine.

Back