I will stick with Cubase pro 9 ... do you wonder why?

Just read this in the issues PDF with the Cubase Pro 9.5.10 update release .... again a pot and kettle story:

9.5.10 Issues & solutions.

Saving a project takes an unexpected long time when using VST instruments with sample based content libraries, e.g. with Native Instruments Kontakt.
In general save times will increase the more instances of instruments and sample-based content is involved. However, save times can increase unexpectedly the more instances
of NI Kontakt are actively in use and depends on the scope and size of content libraries you use there within a project. Please contact the plug-in manufacturer for a solution.
To decrease project save time, consider rendering tracks and removing instances of the instruments afterward.
IMO very annoying, and Steinberg blames the third party to boot. Nice, very nice ! Is this a way to pester loyal Cubase users who invested a lot in other brands using third party samples? I've invested quite a bit in little and probably seldom used, f.i. ethnic instrument plugins, for Kontakt, Steinberg never bothered with in the first place and probably never will. I will seriously start looking at different sequencers now ... -F

Not sure I understand why you have an issue here. Some virtual instruments take a shit ton of resources. It makes sense to render the tracks if your computer if farting. Hell, just 5 tracks of Melodyne open will make my system lag. Render that shit and forget about it...

I don't see any blaming of third party software. It is the third party software that is using 'your' computer resources. Asking them for a solution is valid. It could be that NI software is not making good use of your computer memory or it's sample library. Just saying that I don't see a Cubase issue here. Though I am in the middle of 5 projects in C9 so not about to upgrade to 9.5 just yet. Never a good idea...

I use Kontact samples a lot and have not noticed any real issues with loading or saving - I use lots of instances of samplers and not sure where this issue comes from? If you have drives fast enough to stream lots of tracks from on a PC with a processor fast enough to process them, load time isn't a problem for me. Are you having trouble then?

And funny enough I upgraded to 9.5 and suddenly shit didn't work right with 9.0.30 projects. Ended up a deleting of prefs thing that fixed 9.5, but in the end I just deleted the 9.5 install so I can get my projects complete without dealing with new software shizz. Sometimes the 'new shiny toy' thing gets the best of us kids...

48 years and I still haven't learned to be patient...

See ya in a few months 9.5... :)

48 years and I still haven't learned to be patient...
For real, man.. you've been in the game long enough to know better than to upgrade the first month!

I'll stick with 9 until I have NO projects going...and a ton of free time...and 9 is for some reason not doing it for me... or there is some killer new feature I need. All of which ain't true with 9.5 :)

I haven't upgraded yet, but the dock able control room controls is what I really want out of 9.5 the most right now. I hate having that dumb thing disappear all the time.

That's the strange thing with Cubase - we all use it differently. I have never used the control room functions ever.

I actually didn't until this year. Now that I have, I pretty much feel like an idiot for not doing so sooner.

Your experience may vary of course, but once I switched there was no turning back.

I'm away from home till the middle of January - what will I actually use it for - Genuinely have no idea. Does it do really useful things I'd find handy?

I use it for reference tracks (so they don't go through the master bus processing) and setting up headphone mixes. I actually might setup the talk back function next time I track as well.

Eventually I would like another set of reference speakers/monitors so those will be done through control room as well (easy switching).

So now that my last post is 4 weeks old, I can say with confidence I have had exactly 0 issues with cubase 9.5 pro.

This includes sessions with multiple instances of Kontakt, battery, and massive.

So anyone thinking about it, I would say yeah just go for it. :cool:

Back