I screwed up bad

If you allow me access to your computer i can probably fix it...i forget the software to do this, but there is some that allows others to see your screens and access the files. I'd just ask you have a true backup of it all so i don't lose anything!

Team Viewer is one program. you can also use Skype

RealVNC or similar might be what you're thinking of?

Webex or TeamViewer. Both are online and have free versions. I use webex daily for my day job and I also sent him a PM offering my online help. Nice to see other people wanting to help, too.

To avoid this in the future, for every song create a separate folder.

That's exactly right.

Jimi, I don't know your setup or how you connect, but if you do get it connected to internet I'd take over your screen/computer and help you remotely free of charge. I archive a lot myself for bandmates and friends so i know how important it is to people, and would hate to see years of data lost especially for someone with cancer. Just pm me if you do need the help. I can't guarantee I'd be able to fix it, but I have a long background in IT so maybe.

That's exactly right.

Jimi, I don't know your setup or how you connect, but if you do get it connected to internet I'd take over your screen/computer and help you remotely free of charge. I archive a lot myself for bandmates and friends so i know how important it is to people, and would hate to see years of data lost especially for someone with cancer. Just pm me if you do need the help. I can't guarantee I'd be able to fix it, but I have a long background in IT so maybe.
I appreciate it. I will have to get a USB wiFi adaptor. 8ve never hooked that computer up to the net.

I appreciate it. I will have to get a USB wiFi adaptor. 8ve never hooked that computer up to the net.

Could you just plug it into the router via ethernet? Even old computers have ethernet (it just requires a CAT5 cable to connect to router). I think that would be cheaper than buying a USB wifi adapter and the time involved setting that up.

Take the one out of the computer you are on now and temporarily plug in the other one.
I'm on my phone. I rarely use a computer to post here. I have a laptop that automatically detects WiFi and connects. I don't think my Dell pc I use for recording does that. I'm not sure though. Anyway, I can't find a wireless adaptor anywhere in town. I guess I will have to order one.

I don't think my Dell pc I use for recording does that. I'm not sure though.

Probably not. Desktop computers don't typically come with wifi, at least the older ones didn't.

Even if you get an adaptor, if you're on satellite internet, you still might have problems. upload speeds are pathetically slow. One of the very few problems with living in the country.

Maybe posting up screenshots might allow us to help you. I know you're on your phone....

Probably not. Desktop computers don't typically come with wifi, at least the older ones didn't.

Even if you get an adaptor, if you're on satellite internet, you still might have problems. upload speeds are pathetically slow. One of the very few problems with living in the country.

Maybe posting up screenshots might allow us to help you. I know you're on your phone....

maybe I can find someone with dsl that would hook my computer up and give you access. Once you get access do you need someone on the other end?

Back