How to maka a Lead ducking effect ?

Cubaseworld

Dear All,

It will be deadly awesome if someone could me explain in simple words:
How to make a side-chaining or ducking effect when the Leads presets are playing.

I'm not talking about the usual side-chaining through the 4/4 kick drum pattern.

I'm talking when the main Lead (EDM genre) is playing > the big reverbs goes behind. I've found 2 examples on youtube but for Fl and Logic only... and I couldn't find the way to replicate it on Cubase 7.

When I process the ducking effect on my Lead, the result is: the compressor play on each note of my Lead > means my lead disappear on each note... as results I only hear the reverb.

I couldn't find the way to hear my sound upfront... right on the face -)

Here's a good example of what I'm talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5kAhxE3duQ

Many many and many thx guys for your help and advice.

God Bless You

So you want to replicate what that video is showing exactly? I just want to be clear before I go and try to do that. :)

Dear Guitargodgt,

Sorry for the delay, but I messed up with my wifi and I tried to fixed up all the day.
And foremost, a million thanks for taking the time to read me and responding me !

Yes, I wish to replicate exactly this effect as shown on the video in Cubase 7 > with the cubase compressor and roomworks.

Somebody, generously replied me on the steinberg forum about this topic... but I've tried a hundred times and unfortunately... it didn't work out, at all.
Certainly, the mistake comes from me -)

It will be really and insanely awesome from yours: If you could please, provide me a .cpr file > so I can see this effect in action with my own eyes... because I'm really deseperating on this subject -)

If it yes, I guarantee you will make my day !

Many and many thanks for your kindness.

God Bless You

Back