How to hookup a preset

How do you,after selecting your project, get a preset sound from the pre set bank to enter the guitar track or guitar audio track? I can get the preset(like guitar strummed) highlighted with the pointer but it doesn't change the tone of my guitar..what are the steps (in layman's terms)?

I'd like to help you , but I am really unsure what you are asking.
What are you trying to do, precisely?

When you bring up a for instance a classic rock project, they give you presets or at least it looks like a list of scrolled presets and a separate list at the top for guitar piano vocal etc. I was wondering how to load the preset onto the guitar track to the left of the list..and when it says sample preset how do you listen to it? (I'm using Cubase le8)

The presets simply set up channel count, instruments, order in the list etc, so if you want to restore a full setup with sound sources selected, eq and send stuff already done - this isn't a preset - it's a project, so just save it with a default genre name like rock preset 1, and load it up as you would any project?

The presets simply set up channel count, instruments, order in the list etc, so if you want to restore a full setup with sound sources selected, eq and send stuff already done - this isn't a preset - it's a project, so just save it with a default genre name like rock preset 1, and load it up as you would any project?

I'd like to help you , but I am really unsure what you are asking.
What are you trying to do, precisely?

I was having trouble getting tone out of the zoom g5n multi effects pedal I have and that is why I went to the computer and a daw and plugins thinking they would help clear up the muddy or nonusable tones I was getting from the guitar patches on the zoom g5n..Or i would just use the zoom g5n as an interface if playing through the computer didn't change things..leading to the question I was asking about what looked like presets in the mediabay section..which would maybe provide better tones..even Amplitube3free doesn't play well through headphones or powered monitors..I keep fishing around and maybe I can save the tones for songs I have learned so they sound like the real song on the radio...

What plugin are you using?

Do you have it set up to monitor the channel, or are you monitoring through the interface?

If you are plugging the guitar directly into the interface, you are likely hearing the direct guitar through the zero latency monitoring of the interface. This is why you aren't hearing the plugin. You need to turn off the monitoring on the interface and turn on the monitoring for the channel that you are recording to.

I have no problem in what you just stated but I am kinda tired of "lucking out" when it comes to getting sound through the monitor (speakers or headphones)..I know how to get the monitor working in the interface and the little orange speaker buttons in the Cubasele8 guitar track (or whatever track).What I don't get through knowledge not luck is having the preset sounds coming out of mediabay on cubase into the guitar track..I end up pushing all kinds of buttons and controls until it finally works (I can tell when it loaded because the tone on the guitar changes)I monitor 50%daw-50% interface just to make sure while experimenting..I use the zoom g5n patches sometimes and vocodex-guitar rig-BOOGNEX. (I've yet to get more than a couple good tones out of them)..I'm pretty sure there is a website that tells what the guitar performers' pedal -amp etc. settings are but I don't know their name(the website)..maybe that'll help me get the guitar to sound like the song..

Last edited:
Back