how do you insert blank space in cubase?

jimistone

long standing member
In cubase LE if you have a song and several tracks are already recorded...
How do you put blank space before the count off. In other words blank space before 0.00.

It could be as simple as grabbing all the tracks and sliding them over to the right.

But if you have the snap function on and your tracks are not aligned to the grid, you can cause yourself some grief. I've tried it before, when tracks were not aligned because I had crossfades and it didn't go well. You can try to align back to the grid with the snap function off, but it's difficult to get it right.

It might be tedious, but you can go through each track and ensure each part is aligned to the grid. Then select all the tracks/parts and slide them to the right. Then go and move the parts back to their original position.

On the other hand, if you're recording all audio tracks (which I think is what you do) and you don't really need the grid, just grab them all and move them.

Thanks chili.
I recorded to the click and am.lined up with the grid. I was going to move each track, like you're talking about, but I have done some editing and the are cuts in some of the tracks. How do I move an edited track, with several cuts in it? Or better yet, how do I move all the tracks at the same time?

Thanks chili.
I recorded to the click and am.lined up with the grid. I was going to move each track, like you're talking about, but I have done some editing and the are cuts in some of the tracks. How do I move an edited track, with several cuts in it? Or better yet, how do I move all the tracks at the same time?

If you are comfortable with the editing, then just 'bounce' all tracks. Then you can keep the 'Snap' on and it will hold to the click. You can't undo editing after a bounce though.

You can just manually select all tracks by highlighting them (same left click hold as in Windows) and drag them later in time until they line up with the click later than 0.00. Like Chili said tho, click out of the 'Snap' or you could be in for a bad Fathers day gift...

---------- Update ----------

new Orleans crowne plazza

Say what? lol

Wrong thread?

As far as I know, 'snap' is on by default. Just make sure all is good before you save.

On the main window at the top it's the icon that looks like >:<

The snap locks events to the grid (Bars +Beats).

lol
Yeah the crown plaza post was a mistake. I'm going to New Orleans in a few weeks and was googling different hotels,in the quarter, while also posting in this thread. I guess I got my wires crossed.

Back