How to change 1 stereo track into 2 mono tracks?

Bas van Dijk

I know this is possible, did it before but I can't remember, it's driving me crazy.. :-)

I have a stereo track recorded and want to split it into two serperate tracks mono so I can mix it and apply different effects to left and right etc.

Thanks,
bas

Bas van Dijk said:
I know this is possible, did it before but I can't remember, it's driving me crazy.. :-)

I have a stereo track recorded and want to split it into two serperate tracks mono so I can mix it and apply different effects to left and right etc.

Thanks,
bas

What software?

mx_mx said:
Im assuming cubase, as its in the cubase user forum :D

oops i lost track of the places i'm visiting :D

Use "export-> audio mixdown" from the File menu,and the window will ask you if u want to export the audio " mono"/"stereo split"/stereo interlieved"

mono-one mono track combined 2 stereo tracks together

stereo split-2 mono tracks

stereo interlieved-one stereo track

Then import the track back in from where u saved it in your H/D and you'll have the results from above mentioned.

Thats the hard way of doing it,i'm not sure u can do it easier way in Cubase.

I'm a complete newbie (only into this for a week or so), but I had to do exactly that - split a stereo (imported) track into two mono tracks. I created a duplicate copy of the stereo track, then panned one of them hard left and the other hard right. Then I created two mono group tracks and set the output of each of my stereo tracks to one of the mono group tracks. Mute the stereo tracks and it's done.

Good lord ... I don't know anything about Cubase and, if there's not an easier way to do it than that, I don't want to.

Back