Help! Recorded track appears to record over previous track.

Robertt8

FIGURED OUT.... SEE RESPONSE BELOW IF YOU CARE...

Hey guys!

For some reason (and fairly suddenly) when I record a track in Cubase the new recording appears to record OVER the top of the other track.

I used to have layers of recorded tracks on one track that I could just delete the old ones (or go back to if need be), but not it appears to literally replace the other track.

Anyone know how I can get that back?

Thanks!

I'm trying to update this to, hopefully, explain a bit better...

(BTW, I'm on this)
• Cubase 8.5.
• Mac - Newest OS
• Audio (not midi)

I feel like it's a preference thing, but scoping out the two areas I thought it would be it wasn't there.

If this can give you an idea, here are some screen shots of what's happening...

• Track I want to retry and record on (GREEN - TOP LEFT)

• Track I just recorded silence on to (GREEN - TOP RIGHT)

• When I pull back new recording(by pulling the right side of the track), the track behind it is gone (granted I can pull the left side of the previous wave form over to restore, but if I cover the entire recording, I can't). (GREEN - BOTTOM LEFT)

• This is a different song that shows what I want...an overlap where you can see there are tracks behind (not replaced). If I take the edge of that track and pull it, it'll expose the track below it. (PURPLE - BOTTOM RIGHT)

Attachments

• cubase_issue_a1.png
    cubase_issue_a1.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 1
  • cubase_issue_a2.png
    cubase_issue_a2.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 0
  • cubase_issue_a3.png
    cubase_issue_a3.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 1
  • cubase_issue_a4.png
    cubase_issue_a4.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
OK! I figured it out. Apparently I inadvertently clicked on "Keep History" in the "Transport Panel". That opens up a few radio buttons and I somehow ended up clicking on "Replace".

"Keep History" is what I wanted.

Thanks!

Back