HELP PLEASE Sample rate changes from 41 to 48

selsong

HI
I have a new issue that I have never experienced before.

While Cubase Elements 9 is open, even if its not playing anything at the time, and If I open any website with a video on it at the same time, Cubase immediately starts to change the sample rate from 41 to 48 Khz.

This happens with all browsers

Is this a Cubase issue or a windows issue or a browser issue??
Of course i can just close down Cubase before i watch any vids, but Id love to know whats going on here

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Last edited:
What are you using as a sound card/interface and what drivers?

FYI 48kHz is the standard sample rate for most video and my guess is that, if you're using Windows drivers, they're simply switching to 48 for you video playback and Cubase (expecting you to have manually set specs like that) isn't/can't change it back for you.

Just had a look at the spec for your sound card and it mentions that it supports both MME and ASIO drivers. If you're using the MME option, that would allow other programmes to change the sample rate. I'd try changing to ASiO.

Just had a look at the spec for your sound card and it mentions that it supports both MME and ASIO drivers. If you're using the MME option, that would allow other programmes to change the sample rate. I'd try changing to ASiO.

Good Point. I thought I had asio selected. but will surely check later. many thanks

Back