having issues with recording...

Ironklad Audio

this one's sort of funny, and i'm sure i hit some button somewhere and didn't realize it, but anyways...

there's this one project of mine - just one - where when i record enable my tracks and hit record, cubase refuses to start recording. the record button lights up red, and does nothing, until i hit play, and then it will start tracking. this is making it a total pain in the ass to get anything done, because it after i hit play, it won't play the punch in preroll, the metronome precount, or any of that...the cursor just starts immediately from where it's set.

so, question: does anybody know how i can get it back to recording when i actually hit the damned record button? again, i'm pretty sure this is some sort of preference issue, but i tried looking through all the menus, and couldn't find anything specific to this.

nothing funky going on in the transport...

no looped/cycle playback

i've pretty much come to the conclusion that i have a corrupt project file. anytime i try to import/export tracks from this same session, i get an error message about some missing rewire .dll(????), and cubase crashes. i've checked my other project files, and they don't suffer from any of these problems - it's just the one

Here's what I have done ....

I have that happen from time to time and I just create an entire new project.

I then import/copy all my midi and audio into the new project.

Clumsy but it works for me.

eh...the session in question is now totally fucked

i recorded drum tracks for the tune at another studio, then tried to import the .wav files...cubase crashed, and gave me some weird rewire .dll error

so i was like...ok, i'll export the tracks that i have here, then import into a new session with the drums. cubase still crashed.

now, cubase won't even let me select a track/event and move it...i click and drag, and nothing happens. grrrrrrrrr.

eh...the session in question is now totally fucked

i recorded drum tracks for the tune at another studio, then tried to import the .wav files...cubase crashed, and gave me some weird rewire .dll error

so i was like...ok, i'll export the tracks that i have here, then import into a new session with the drums. cubase still crashed.

now, cubase won't even let me select a track/event and move it...i click and drag, and nothing happens. grrrrrrrrr.

Damn, dude. Call Cubase support - that's *exactly* what they're there for - supporting you when their software does shit like that and fucks up your work.

Back