Free Vsts

xTbs

Hey everyone. Ive been slowly building my arsenal of vst's but im wondering what are some decent free ones? I have a bunch of basic things compressors, limiters and one exciter (couldnt find many of those) Im looking for some other exciters and possibly a decent eq. Or if theres some unique/cool ones that you guys use (like izotope vinyl) im using cubase 9 so any 32 bit vst plugins are out of the question for me :(.

edit : nevermind found i was posting in the wrong forum. sorry.

The full version of cubase?

I'm being totally serious when I say that the stock plugins that come with cubase 9 pro are spectacular. The stock compressors are great, the stock eq is great and frequency is exceptional. The stock reverb plugins hit all the bases as well.

Honestly the only thing that doesn't cut it IMO is the stock delays if you want more than 2 taps and 3rd party stuff is usually what I roll with when trying to master my mixes (which I hate doing).

Frequency has pretty much been my go to eq since version 9. Before that I was using waves Q10 because I got it cheap, frequency slays Q10 in function even though it has 2 less bands. I was considering Pro Q2 right before 9 came out but quickly dismissed the idea once I saw just how good this stock eq is.

I bought a pile on ebay for my Cubase 9, before I realised it didn't do 32 bit ones, but I've found loads that are of use for about ten quid! I've got a 64 bridging system written by a dutch guy which restores about 90% of my old plugins and it works transparently. Just another few quid. I have a few of those waves ones too and there's no shortage of stuff out there.

TBH even though cubase 9 is 64bit only, I haven't had any issues outside of losing all of my URS plugins (which sucks).

Everything else was put out as 64bit years ago. 64bit has been around for a while now so I'm not surprised cubase decided to axe 32 bit.

Back