Exporting Multiple Audio Files For Use On Other Platforms - Cubase LE

cubasebeginner

hi,

I am a first time cubase user and have an issue, basically i have been recording a friend's band on Cubase (which is what he has at his home studio) now i need to be able to export each single audio file for use in protools so I can provide the mix engineer pro tools session files with everything starting and finishing at the same time etc...

The only way i have found that i can export single audio files is to do it as a mixdown with the track i want to export solo'd - but that takes about 2 minutes per track and is very time consuming/laborious

please excuse my ignorance, but there has to be a better way surely?

cheers for any help

That's the way to do it. The other way would be to just send the .wav files from the project forlder. But then events will not all line up from beginning of track creating a nightmare for lining up in protools. I suppose you could bounce each track so that they are all the same length and deliver those wav files. How many tracks are you talking about? Export mixdown of each 40 tracks would only take a little over an hour.

There is software you can purchase to convert the project files. Not cheap tho

we're talking 48 tracks with 8 songs to be done

i might look into the software option as i am a tad lazy....

thanks for the heads up mate, least i was doing it the right way i guess...

i quite like cubase to use, it seems they really need an "export as single audio files" option in the bounce to disk...

That is an option (batch export) on Cubase 5 and 6. Your best bet would be to upgrade to 5 and then have full software and the ability to export files like you want. :)

By the way, Cubase 5 or 6 will install side by side with your LE and your files are upward compatible to them. So all you would have to do is open your project in it and bam! Exported files, all one length, at same time, 3 clicks.

No problem man. Also the level as to how limited you were with LE will blow your mind when you use one of the full versions. Worth every penny.

Back