Export Audio creating low level sound files

marc515515

Hi. I'm a new user of Cubase 5.1 on a Power Mac G4 400. My system seems fully operational, but when I finally tried the "Export Audio"command today the sound files created came out at *very* low levels. I tried exporting to both WAV and AIFF files with identical results. The sound quality seemed fine, but it was inexplicably soft. My Master Mixer Volume was set at "0 dB" and when listening to the mix within Cubase, all the tracks sounded clear and at an excellent volume even though the level of my headphone amp was set very low.

Any suggestions? I've searched the forum and read all the documentation I could find, but I have not yet found anyone with this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

i never learn to understand why people use cubase for exporting audio... ( :) ) I allways use cooledit.. 'ey... Kyle Mclachlan is the king.. i'm off for twin peaks..

It seems like alot of people have said that same thing about cubase. If you can get a wave editor like wavelab or something similar, the lack of volume on the exported files can be overcome when mastering within the wave editor programs. Chances are if you don't have one now, you won't want to spend alot more for the program, but the functions of a wave editor go far beyond boosting levels. It's a very useful program to have. You can also use it within cubase to edit tracks, which seems to be more effective IMHO to edit wav files within cubase.

~Brandon

i just record my stereo out in cep and then i have all data gathered there, also from my external gear..
anyway.. are you sure your master level is tracked at 0db?

Back