eLicenser problem with updating from Cubase LE5 to Cubase Artist

dgmehaffey

I have the eLicenser USB device and tried to use the eLicenser center to install and activate Cubase Artist but after entering the license code from the card that comes with the CD, the software won't perform the activation. This process seems unnecessarily difficult. Would appreciate any help I can get with this.

Man, it's been so long since I activated Cubase, can't remember what's involved. But I know I didn't have any problems with it. What exactly isn't it doing? Maybe post a screenshot.

I'm assuming you followed the manual and onscreen instructions... installed the driver... entered the code in the elicense control center. there are some pretty Cubase savvy people here, so hopefully someone can help you.

Man, I know I replied to this post earlier. Did you post again?

Anyway, have you downloaded the latest eLicenser from the website? The old one does not work anymore.

Thanks. Yes, I did download the eLicenser and input the code from the card that came with the CD. That didn't work. Am I supposed to have the USB device connected at that point?

As far as I can remember, yes. The dongle needs to be connected while authorizing the license. It has been a while though. If you can't get it figured out, Steiny will return a support response within 24 hours. If you haven't registered already, do that first. :)

And welcome to the forum dg! Lot's of useful people and info here. :)

Thanks. Yes, I did download the eLicenser and input the code from the card that came with the CD. That didn't work. Am I supposed to have the USB device connected at that point?
Yeah, I think I had the dongle connected throughout the whole process. (Insert witty sexual inuendo at this point!!! :) )

Back