effect vsts wont show

bewildered

Im trying to get this livecut beatslicer to show in cubase but i cant. it shows up in my plugins info so i know its being recognized and is in the correct vstplugins folder. It doesnt show up in my insert/sends panel like an effect should or even the vsti list either, probably because its not an instrument. In fact, i cant get cubase to show ANY vst effect plugins whatsoever. only instruments seem to be recognized.

Instead of opening your VST Instrument as a "VST Instrument", try opening as VST Master Effects or VST Send Effects. I have a synth that won't open as a VST Instrument, but it will open as a VST Send Effect, or as a VST Master Effect.

the only crack here is what your smoking.

where are the vst master effects and the master send effects? I thought the only send effects were where it says "sends" and "inserts".

Why dont you read the manual? Oh wait....you don't have one. Man nobody here is gonna help you.

On the menu, at the top of the screen click Devices. A new drop-down menu appears. You should see options for VST Master Effects and VST Send Effects Click either of those.

Nick98338 said:
On the menu, at the top of the screen click Devices. A new drop-down menu appears. You should see options for VST Master Effects and VST Send Effects Click either of those.

Look man people here dont support pirates. Check his other posts, he gets his stuff from torrents. We don't like software pirates, because the revenues that legitimate programmers and companies like Steinberg lose are made up for by price increases in legitimate software, which you end up paying for. Theres plenty of good quality, free sequencers out there.

nope, no vst master or send effects. only vst connections, vst instruments and vst performance in addition to other non-vst options. Ive never seen this master and sends you speak of. perhaps its located somewhere else? does it only show when i use certain tracks?

If you are not seeing, in your program, what I'm seeing, in my program, then I really can't help you much. It seems that your version of Cubase is quite a bit different from mine.

Nick98338 said:
If you are not seeing, in your program, what I'm seeing, in my program, then I really can't help you much. It seems that your version of Cubase is quite a bit different from mine.

It's because he's cracked his copy.

Just my $.02 here. I think that cracks can hurt the industry, BUT, I also think that cracks serve a purpose. I've used FMP, for instance, in businesses. The first copy I used was a COPY, from a friend. Once I learned it a bit, liked, and decided I wanted to use it, I ended up paying full price for it, plus 3 upgrades.

With Photoshop I used a crack, I learned it, then bought the full version.

and, with Cubase, I tried a crack of SX 1, then bought SX 3, once I learned it a bit.

I think companies are trying to walk the fine line, they give LE away for free with hardware, some offer feature limited trials, etc. At the end of the day, every person who uses Cubase, whether a cracked version, a freebie lE version, or a full retail version helps Steinberg. They grow the user base, and the people who are professionals or serious amatuers will pay for a full version eventually.

I know I sound like I'm taking the pirate's side, and in a way I am, but I think we beat up on people who are trying things out, and will eventually become paying users.

Would our guy here have paid for a full version of Cubase if he couldn't get a crack? Maybe, but probably not. Now, if he learns it, gets good, there's a very high chance that he will buy it, or the next version.

I've been down this road many times, and it always ends the same way. You start out with a free trial (LE, Trial version, Crack), then if you like it and it works for you, you buy it eventually.

(Not to imply that bewildered is a pirate, since we don't know, but you get my point)

johnsuitcase said:
Just my $.02 here. I think that cracks can hurt the industry, BUT, I also think that cracks serve a purpose. I've used FMP, for instance, in businesses. The first copy I used was a COPY, from a friend. Once I learned it a bit, liked, and decided I wanted to use it, I ended up paying full price for it, plus 3 upgrades.

With Photoshop I used a crack, I learned it, then bought the full version.

and, with Cubase, I tried a crack of SX 1, then bought SX 3, once I learned it a bit.

I think companies are trying to walk the fine line, they give LE away for free with hardware, some offer feature limited trials, etc. At the end of the day, every person who uses Cubase, whether a cracked version, a freebie lE version, or a full retail version helps Steinberg. They grow the user base, and the people who are professionals or serious amatuers will pay for a full version eventually.

I know I sound like I'm taking the pirate's side, and in a way I am, but I think we beat up on people who are trying things out, and will eventually become paying users.

Would our guy here have paid for a full version of Cubase if he couldn't get a crack? Maybe, but probably not. Now, if he learns it, gets good, there's a very high chance that he will buy it, or the next version.

I've been down this road many times, and it always ends the same way. You start out with a free trial (LE, Trial version, Crack), then if you like it and it works for you, you buy it eventually.

(Not to imply that bewildered is a pirate, since we don't know, but you get my point)

He is a pirate, read his other posts. And there's a ton of free software to choose from without hurting the industry. Just because I want to learn to drive doesn't mean I steal a BMW. It's just wrong, you can't avoid that.

Back