Drum mapping

Blast

Newb question...I am using Cubase with Superior Drummer 2.0, Metal Foundry kits. When I load the standard GM Map and begin to create I love the editor (with the little drum stick cursor icon) shown here...

View attachment 93466

BUT the sounds that play back aren't the "mixed" sounds of the kit that I hear when i click in the construct.

Now if I select no drum map then I get the sounds I want but a different editor that I don't like at all, shown here...

View attachment 93467

So I'm wondering how I can use the editor in the first pic and create with the mixed sounds of the kit that I hear in the construct. Thanks and forgive my noob-ness :guitar:

Last edited:
Hello,

What version of Cubase do you have?
Because right where you select between GM drum map and no drum map, you also have the option to select: Create drum map from instrument.

Best regards,
GN

Hello,

What version of Cubase do you have?
Because right where you select between GM drum map and no drum map, you also have the option to select: Create drum map from instrument.

Best regards,
GN

I am on version 7. I don't see that option in the window in the side panel. Is there another place to select this?

Toontrack apparently didn't migrate the drum map files from the old site to the new site.

DUMB.

If you google around though there seems to be some being shared.

I have to say though it would be kick ass if Stienberg ever made it possible to snag the drum map from within cubase from 3rd party software like you can with steinberg instruments.

I thought it was slick as heck when you added that feature, but I was almost instantly disappointed when it only worked with steinberg software.

Back