dongle question.

jdalziel

Hello, I may fire up to my school store to get a couple Stienberg products. I was looking to get Cubase SE and another goodie. Does SE require the use of a dongle? And if I have more than one program which needs a dongle, do I need a dongle for each, or does 1 dongle fire up all stienberg programs? I don't really like having to carry around 2 or even 3 dongles when I'm on my laptop, or even 2 or 3 in my usb ports. Please let me know asap because the school store now has a discount on all im looking at. I need to decide whether I go with stienberg or not, and the dongle is the deciding factor. thanks

I just read that the new Steinberg dongle stores license information for all their products, so you just need one. I think you might have to buy it separately though - maybe check their website?

ethos said:
what the hell is a dongle??????

A dongle is a thingle that you connectgle (via USB, usuallygle) to your computergle that allows proprietary softwaregle to workgle. It's a securitygle featuregle to discourage peoplegle from using illegalgle softwaregle. :confused: :p :D

"I've got a dongle danglin' from my dingleberry..." -- from Jimmy Legs Cherry Bush's classic tune, "The Dongle Songle" :cool:

scrubs said:
A dongle is a thingle that you connectgle (via USB, usuallygle) to your computergle that allows proprietary softwaregle to workgle. It's a securitygle featuregle to discourage peoplegle from using illegalgle softwaregle. :confused: :p :D

"I've got a dongle danglin' from my dingleberry..." -- from Jimmy Legs Cherry Bush's classic tune, "The Dongle Songle" :cool:

well saygle

scrubs said:
I got that record. It sounds like shit.

Track Rat said:
I got that record. It sounds like shit.

Well, what do you expect? That was back in the days when Cubase System 0.001 only supported 2-bit recording. :p

Back